• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Finally Got Comms With Ms Ecu

pugpete1108

after a bit of headscratching and some help from the boys on the ms forum i have managed to get my laptop to communicate with my ecu, it turns out it was a serial port related problem.

just got a whole heap of reading to do now to try and get the engine actually started :)

still there's light at the end of the very long dark tunnel

still put me in a good mood for once, so the family now longer has to suffer :wacko: --- i'm sure it wont last.

StuF215

snap! Seems im at the same stage as you, im also trying to learn how to dabble with the MS... I havnt a clue but learning :blink:

Are you starting with a base map?

forward any tips my way :P

pugpete1108
snap! Seems im at the same stage as you, im also trying to learn how to dabble with the MS... I havnt a clue but learning :)

Are you starting with a base map?

forward any tips my way :lol:

any tips---get a plug and play unit :ph34r:

i think i've bitten off more than i can chew tbh.

where you get yours from?

wracing

guys if you do get stuck give me a shout im not to bad with mega squirt know the system inside and out and have my own code variant. glad to hear youve got your issues sorted startup isnt as bad as it seams one word of advice use megatune for you initial setup.

soon there will be enough people to swing the biased view of this forum toward commercialization!

james

pugpete1108
guys if you do get stuck give me a shout im not to bad with mega squirt know the system inside and out and have my own code variant. glad to hear youve got your issues sorted startup isnt as bad as it seams one word of advice use megatune for you initial setup.

soon there will be enough people to swing the biased view of this forum toward commercialization!

james

james check out my other post mate i'm in dire need

pete

StuF215
any tips---get a plug and play unit :D

i think i've bitten off more than i can chew tbh.

where you get yours from?

Got mine from Phil @ ExtraEFI

I would have loved it if it started it up first turn of the key!

I was fiddling yesterday going through extraEFi info and using his base map turned it over a few times then turned the key again and it let out the biggest backfire ever which sh*t me up! I'm paranoid im gona damage the engine somehow!

I need help! I still have a few bits to finish off the conversion so i'm goin to conserntrate on those before I get stuck in MS again.

StuF215

james

Nice one James, come and sort mine for me theres a good lad :D

pugpete1108
Nice one James, come and sort mine for me theres a good lad :)

i was on the phone to james last night for about 2hrs and he does know his stuff.

if all goes well i will have her running begining of next week, i will let you know what probs i come up with.

surely a backfire is to be expected given its the first time trying to start it?

i got mine from phill too no offence to him but his after sales care isn't exactly top knotch :D

whizzer71

Oh dear Pete if only you'd bought emerald I'd have had it running in 1/2 an hour !

:blush:

StuF215
i was on the phone to james last night for about 2hrs and he does know his stuff.

if all goes well i will have her running begining of next week, i will let you know what probs i come up with.

surely a backfire is to be expected given its the first time trying to start it?

i got mine from phill too no offence to him but his after sales care isn't exactly top knotch :lol:

Sweet any tips will be a great help. The forum wont let me upload my megatune map so I can send it to James :wacko:

Yeah it was a backfire like nothing I had ever heard, just turned the ignition on and it was like someone shoved a shotgun in my ear. The carbed Mi was very tame compared to this but different circumstances I suppose.

Completely agree with you about the aftersales from Phil, im sure he's a clever git but he didnt explain anything fully that I asked. Yes and No answers were common. Must be a busy man. :blush:

Good luck with yours

powermandan

Maybe you could go on the MS forums and get a base map that someone else is running, there was a couple on there last time i checked

pugpete1108
Sweet any tips will be a great help. The forum wont let me upload my megatune map so I can send it to James :(

Yeah it was a backfire like nothing I had ever heard, just turned the ignition on and it was like someone shoved a shotgun in my ear. The carbed Mi was very tame compared to this but different circumstances I suppose.

Completely agree with you about the aftersales from Phil, im sure he's a clever git but he didnt explain anything fully that I asked. Yes and No answers were common. Must be a busy man. :D

Good luck with yours

well the ecu is fine (james had it running on his motor) i now have fuel but not sure on spark, i've changed the coil and leads and am going to change the plugs too and see how i get on.

i would appear that he is a very busy man or just cant hold a conversation with anyone :lol: but your right i'm sure he knows his stuff and it does say D.I.Y on the box so what do we expect?