• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zebedy101

Black Vs White

zebedy101

hi all

right i have got a week off work and among other things i am going to refurbish my speedlines but im stuck in deciding which colour i should go for or if i should just spray them the standard silver. my car is red and the wheels at the momoent are white which i quite like but then i am not sure if i prefer them in black....

so im just after some friendly opinions really?

soo....

gloss black?

gloss white?

or standard silver?

cheers seb.

Last Legend

IMHO black looks too much like a steel wheel unless it has a polished lip/rim they also always seem to look 'dirty' esp if your tyres are not detailed with a tyre dressing.

White I'm not sure would really go with your red paintwork,might be worth doing a google image search.

So I would say silver, but get the brightest you can find without fake chrome,remember prep is the key to a good finish.

wildejon

check out Paras car. His looks fantastic and Im sure the wheels are silver... A2theA has a red one also but with white wheels. I have pics on facebook if you wanna see them. Also looks nice. Personally I would just avoid black... Same reason as above.

zebedy101

cheers for the replies definatly helping with the decision. im not sure about black now iv been thinking about doing something slightly special like attempting white lip on a black rim maby? im not really skilled at spraying but iv got all the kit and im pretty sure i can make them look better than what they do now the last person to spray them made a shoddy job of it so they cant look much tattier.

id like to make them look a bit different from the rest alot of people now spray there rims black with a red lip which is very nice but gettin more common id like mine to stand out a bit. cheers seb

zebedy101

right after alot of sweat and sanding and pain in the arse niggles i have finally got the wheels refurbed and on the car, also fitted 2 new 195/45/15 tyres that i found kicking around a randon set of wheels in my shed. i decided to go with gun metal grey in the end which i think looks the absolute part.... heres some before and after pictures...

this is what they looked like before...

SNC00083.jpg

and this is after a stupid amount of hours of sanding down and prepping...

SNC00078.jpg

what do you all think?

unfortunatly my luck wasnt quite in and only 2 of them turned out near enough spot on but im pretty happy with the end result so they will do for now i will post up some pictures with them actually fitted tommorow.

seb

Baz

Good choice IMO! :blink: