• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Trigger Sensor Cable, Suitable?

pugpete1108

just picked up some of this from maplin, it was the nearest they could match to my current cable that came with the ms loom.

the ms cable is two core with a braded earth running down it and a foil outer wrapping the three cables, but all they could get was two core with a braided screen round both cables like this:

maplin cable

will this do the job or is it essential to have the foil too?

pug_ham

That looks the same as the stuff I've sent to a few people on here for their wiring looms & it works fine afaik.

The sheilded / braiding does the same (or better) job as the foil, both is over kill imo.

Graham.

pugpete1108
That looks the same as the stuff I've sent to a few people on here for their wiring looms & it works fine afaik.

The sheilded / braiding does the same (or better) job as the foil, both is over kill imo.

Graham.

cheers graham, any advice on joining this type of wire together? i should i desolder the existing wire from the multiplug? (i would rather not though :lol: )

and resolder the new wire or is it safe to join the wires as is?

pug_ham

I'd try to get the correct crimps & remake the whole loom rather than reuse old connectors.

They should be extractable from the plugs.

Graham.