• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Gti6 Coolant Temperature

M@tt

Just wondered how hot peopels GTI6's are running in their 205's?

this is mine after a spirited motorway drive to work (pretty much 5k revs all the way there), it will occasioanlly climb 1 line higher in heavy stop start rush hour traffic. The light never comes on but i'm wondering if it's sitting a little high. Rad fan is all working fine and i've bled it a couple of times and there doesn't appear to be any air in it that i can tell.

SNC00536.jpg

Bakes100

On mine the high speed fan kicks in just before the 5th line (3rd fatter line) never goes any higher than that. So slightly less than yours.

welshpug

original or 306 temp sender? they may be calibrated a little differently but I'm not certain.

Mine runs at just under 90 degrees when warmed up, goes up to 95 when the fan comes in, has the heat exchanger plumbed in.

5k rpm on the way to work, do you do it all in 4th? ;)

Edited by welshpug

M@tt

5th on the M1/M18 ;)

Its the original 306 temp sender.

Miles

Stick the 205 sensor's in and it should show the same running temp's, No need for for the brown or blue sensor's as fitted in the 306, You'll find the same with the XU10 oil pressure sender too

BuD

Gti6 engines run hotter than 8v in my experince. Your temps are the same as mine.

Spiky

my spa tells me 80 degrees :lol:

even flat out all day on a track day :D

the gauge, mine runs at the 4th bar normally :rolleyes:

leon 1.9

Mine runs on the 4th bar usually, driving hard on the m-way it'll be half way between 4th and 5th bars. Stopped in traffic any more than say 2 minutes and it'll climb to just below the 5th bar slowly and the fan cuts in so it doesn't go higher. I've got a twin fan set-up, don't know if I've ever noticed it on the higher speed, maybe once or twice.

springs

i took mine out the other day for a quick run before it goes in for its MOT and it was on the 6th line on the dials.. its using the 306 sender..

Flix

Mine hardly runs any hotter than the old 8v, on road and track.

Oil up to 5th line, water up to 4 and a bit, was a very hot day too.

Got all 205 senders in, 16 row oil cooler.

M@tt

I think i need to put some 205 senders in and then see how we go, by the sounds of things i don't think there's anything to worry about, probably just differently calibrated sensors

Garry

Seems normal to me.

Welshpug showed the approximate values of the lines in an old post.

The water temp is 5th Line = 90deg, 6th =100 deg and 7th =110 deg.

Super Josh
I think i need to put some 205 senders in and then see how we go, by the sounds of things i don't think there's anything to worry about, probably just differently calibrated sensors

That's exactly it Matt, the 205 sensors are calibrated for the Jaeger clocks. The oil pressure sender is the most comical one, run a 306 one and you think the bottom end should be knocking with such low oil pressure :D

Josh