• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Using A Gti6 Icv With Emerald

Cameron

I've decided that with the new cams etc it would be a good idea to use the GTi6 ICV with my Emerald M3DK management, but I need a bit of help with the wiring. From having a search I've found this image which shows the standard connections to the ICV. The confusion comes from looking at the Emerald manual as it isn't that clear what wire should go where. The manual just lists the connections as ICV channel 1, 2, 3 & 4, but isn't specific about what channel should connect where on the ICV.

So, if anybody is running a GTi6 ICV with their Emerald, could you tell me which ECU pin connects to which ICV pin?

Cheers. :)

welshpug

hmm, I thought I found something, but not quite what I was looking for

ICV.jpg

welshpug

what you need is data from autodata, sias which pin gives which output, but I can't find my copy :)

gti-si

I'll have a look on my other pc tomorrow. I had to locate them on my last '6 ECU as the wiring was knackered... Pretty sure I've got the pin numbers.

Edit: Ahh, here you go http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...92288&st=10

Edited by gti-si

Cameron

Thanks guys. :)

Some useful info, but doesn't really help with hooking it up to the Emerald. I'll email Dave Walker and try to find out.

Cameron

After emailing Emerald it seems you can't use the ICV, the ECU only supports 2, 3 and 5 pin ICVs. :rolleyes:

EdCherry

Nice and lumpy idle you know it makes sense!

welshpug

use an Mi16 ICV?

Cameron

I could, but they're ugly old things and the GTi6 one bolts nicely in place. I'm going to have a rummage at the scrap yard and see what I can find.

Miles

The Mi16 ICV fit's in very neatly under the throttle cable linkage holder/arm, The main benifit from the Bosch one's is you don;t get the sticking which the Stepper motor type are always doing on most of the 06 range.