• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dino20vt

Wheres Your Horn?

dino20vt

Right, ive got 1.9 so its equiped with a compressor and a horn, should it have one horn, as I only had one, or two like a 309?

If its meant to have one, does it connect to the 90 degree outlet? Im guessing the other is an air inlet?

Wheres the single horn meant to be mounted and to what? Ive mounted the compressor on the outside of the bumper mount.

Cheers

Pics to follow

welshpug

I think the 1.9 205 typically has the single round black horn unit + compressor, not the twin horns the 309 has, they take up more space!

they both mount to the same bracket that's bolted to the bumper iron.

djinuk

sorry to hijack, but what color wire connects to the horn , and where abouts in the wiring loom does it come from, reason i ask is ive never had a horn :S

jason7579

Take out the near side headlight and look down behind the bumper and you should be able to see the horn.

Not sure what colour the wire is but according to Haynes manual it goes to Fuse/Relay board connector pin number 5 on the bit that is labelled F on this picture HERE

(Picture not mine so credit to whoever took it)

C_W

I'm sure the 1.9 had twin air horns as standard. They don't often work very well though IMO. I changed mine for some eletronic horns, louder and more responsive/reliable!

djinuk

yea, my cars got no horn at all though, wasnt on the car when i got it. Ill see if i can trace some wiring, to find where abouts it is and get a new horn installed/fitted :blink:

Simes

1.9's had a shell type black horn which was twin tone, driven off a separate compressor.

1.6 had an electric twin tone.

309 had the twin horns mounted inside the wing with compressor under the headlamp.

I replaced the original ar horn one with twin horns ones similar to the 309 but fitted it all in the normal place under the headlamp.

My new car has a Steibel Nautilus which is electric and incredibly loud.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

martyn180
yea, my cars got no horn at all though, wasnt on the car when i got it. Ill see if i can trace some wiring, to find where abouts it is and get a new horn installed/fitted :rolleyes:

DJ you can always come and see my wiring if you need to compare

Martyn

alync406

I am fairly it is a single brown wire going to the horn with a spade type connection.