• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

[trackday_prep] 309 Track Car

welshpug

beam looks broken :lol:

oli-pug

Cheers al, ill def be interested in some rear arms and the tre spacers soon. Not sure on the sleeved hubs yet because im currently running 7j rims with 205 width tyres and its tight on my gaz golds!

allanallen

Just thought I'd add to this, we can now machine the front hubs with the bearing in situ to any angle you desire :)

Look out for a thread shortly about bridgecraft services/products.

EdCherry

Perfect allen! Same prices?

Get this thread up quick or email us some prices for all the work you guys do.

allanallen

Perfect allen! Same prices?

Get this thread up quick or email us some prices for all the work you guys do.

Yep same prices, I'll pull my finger out and try and get a thread up before the week is out.

EdCherry

I.E. Later today? haha

When you can mate! No rush got to do some work to pay for it first.

Rich_p

I want a phase 1 again!

I'm liking the hub mods too.

Simple question, if one were to fit the sleeved hubs, say the -3 ones and didn't use the modded TRE design what issues would it cause?

Is it increased bump steer etc or have I got that horribly wrong?

welshpug

only potentially excessive inner shoulder wear, which is unrelated to the position of the TRE, the extended position is to correct bu7mp steer when running too low.

allanallen

I want a phase 1 again!

I'm liking the hub mods too.

Simple question, if one were to fit the sleeved hubs, say the -3 ones and didn't use the modded TRE design what issues would it cause?

Is it increased bump steer etc or have I got that horribly wrong?

Welshpugs Pretty much summed it up rich. You can run the modded hubs with the standard TREs. It will alter the angle it runs at slightly but it's still well within its limits.

On another note im aiming to go to the apex track day at oulton on the 4th of feb (weather dependant). Can't wait :)

welshpug

weather dependent? pfft, get some wets :P

Tom Fenton

Track day 309? PFT, get out there in the WANCA, you need the practise in the thoroughbred rally machine!!

allanallen

weather dependent? pfft, get some wets :P

I have, I just prefer it in the dry! It's all 'just for fun' remember ;)

Tom, if it rains I might take the wanka and lap oulton on the grass (nothing unusual there though :P)

Tom Fenton

Just watch those round black things in piles, I think they are commonly known as tyre walls? :ph34r:

Rich_p

Digging up an old thread!

Any further developments with the car?

allanallen

Holy s*it! This is my thread! :P

Cars sat idle for a good while now whilst life gets in the way :( there's a few things in the pipeline and a very tasty mi16 engine on the cards so I can go racing :)

Promise I'll update as and when I do anything!

Rich_p

It happens doesn't it. Mine has been sat for a long time to. Occasionally getting bits bought for it from time to time which then sit on the roof!

Actually got round to fitting a new rear bumper at the weekend, it's the first time I've done anything for a while.

I'll be interested on any front suspension updates and experiences with the bits you've got on. Mines quite low but it looks good so would like to sort the geo and keep it at that height.

allanallen

I've done something!!! :P finally fetched it out of storage and down to my new house. Just swat a bucket of water over it, it gets rougher everytime I see it! Nice to have a little drive in it though, feels cool as fook :)

photo_zps19bf9f0d.jpg

photo_zps5f1b22ba.jpg

• Like 2

Rich_p

It looks more of a uniform shade of white than mine!

allanallen

Trying to get motivated on this a bit! I'm currently looking at making some adjustable bottom arms, I'll be using modded standard arms like the ones Tom and I made for the rally car. I'd like to make some proper tubular arms but replacing bushes with rose joints/spherical bearings will put my car in daft classes in some race series' :(

I'm also moving away from the modded 205/309 hubs in favour of 406 items, mainly because they're far easier to correct all the geo with. The hubs and extenders I'll be using are from martins deceased 306 project, I'll also be using his alloy damper bodies along with some new insterts, the bodies already have around a degree of neg camber machined into them. photo_zps863aaaf8.jpg

photo_zps713c68a7.jpg

The wishbones will be fairly straight forward although because of the different hub dimensions they'll end up being a bit longer than a standard 309 arms, the angle of the joint in the arm will also be a bit shallower. Obviously they'll require longer shafts to suit although there's a possibility a mix and match of 405 and 306 shafts may fit.

With these arms I'm using a 5/8 x 3/4 rose joint rather than the 3/4x3/4 joint we used on the rally car arms.

I'm moving to 17" wheels which I'm slightly reluctant about, I'm gonna try and run a bit lower too so I'll be looking into raising the rear beam in the car which I think will be a lot easier said than done!

Don't hold your breath for updates :P

calvinhorse

I think the 405 short driveshaft is the same as a 306

rallyeash

Really started liking 3dr 309's the last few years. Quite fancy a little project at some point...

allye

Remember they handle better ash :)

rallyeash

Yeah but it not compared to my 205... Well it could but cost a huge amount.

Kind of wish I offered sandy some money for his old 309 trio type R before it got parked up broken :-(

Do fancy a smart looking base model, gti bumpers, nice uprated road suspension and a decent engine. Nothing impractical like a highly tuned NA lump but something easy to drive and 200+ hp.

I bet you'll say V6 haha.

Rich_p

What's happening with the current modded hubs?

I may be interested in them.