• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shalmaneser

Lowering Seat

shalmaneser

although I'm only about 5'' 10' i still find the seat a bit high on my pug. Is there any way I can get it any lower and retain the original seat - I was thinking maybe a four door (ie. non moveable) subframe might be the answer? is this possible, anyone?

Cheers,

Adam.

welshpug

crikey, goliath is 6 foot 8 and manages :(

you can remove the 4 small spacers under the feet of the subframes, but they are only 10mm or so, dont know if 5 door subframes are any lower, they seem to be pretty compact even with the tilt mechanism.

Edited by welshpug

Anthony

4dr subframe and use thinner spacers between the subframe and carpet - some models came with thin metal washers (or generic ones would be fine) whereas GTi's had thickish plastic washers. Can't really remove the washers altogether though otherwise the seat is hard to slide back and forth as it fouls on the carpet.

Paul_13

Always wondered what the plastic discs were for, I thought the last driver measured at 4" 0

Atari Boy

I used a 5 door runner and removed all the spacers untill recently, I am 6'2 and was able to wear a helmet okay with this set up.

It gives more space than you would imagine.

kyepan

could i have your plastic washers when you're finished with them as the booster cushion i'm using is embarrassing.

cheers

J

engine killer

If you can live without the tilting/flipping mechanisum, keep the orginal runner and throw away those plastic spacers you will knock about 2-3inches away. I had my previous seats run on original runners only, no flipping and spacers and it gave about 2 inches more head room.

Baz
could i have your plastic washers when you're finished with them as the booster cushion i'm using is embarrassing.

cheers

J

:) You need about 4 sets of those washers!! :lol:

shalmaneser

Cheers for the replies - i'm not tall enough for the height to be an issue at all, but after driving my friends beemer about for a bit i got back in the pug, and after realising that my 205 was about 100 times as fun as the beemer (even though it has about half the power...) the first thing that crossed my mind was that i felt a lot higher up than in the beemer. So if i could change the situation I figure it would be good....

will give the spacer trick a go, and will keep an eye out down the scrappies for a 4dr subframe, and have a look at running the seat on the runners...

boldy205

I have the 4 door runners bolted directly to the floor/seat with no spacers and have no probe sliding the seat. These runners are pretty much as low as you can go without cutting the floor pan up.

Paul_13

cheers

J

:blink:

Cameron

You could always smash the floor down with a big hammer. :D