• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfie

Non Starter Fuel Not Getting Thru

Alfie
:lol: Hi all, who's going to help me today then please? Engine died as I arrived at work and tested for spark :rolleyes: Plugs showing no sign of fuel, where should one start to find the fault please?

Anthony

Is the fuel pump getting power and working when cranking, and do you have a spark?

Also, given the age of your car, is it Motronic (has a CAT) or Jetronic (doesn't have a CAT)?

Paul_13

Check the fuse (14 i think, far right fuse) hasn't blown. Mine kept repeatingly doing this then the pump slowly died.

Try giving the wiring a wiggle going into the fuel pump... worked with me for a bit

Edited by paul_xiii

Tom Fenton

Tachymetric (fuel pump) relay could be a good place to start looking I'd say.

Alfie
Check the fuse (14 i think, far right fuse) hasn't blown. Mine kept repeatingly doing this then the pump slowly died.

Try giving the wiring a wiggle going into the fuel pump... worked with me for a bit

Checked fuses, all ok. to check pump its simply a matter of testing across connections on the top whilst cranking the engine and should show current, am i correct ?

Tom Fenton

Should show voltage at the pump when cranking yes.

Alfie
Checked fuses, all ok. to check pump its simply a matter of testing across connections on the top whilst cranking the engine and should show current, am i correct ?

Hi Tom, Where do I find this little critter then please?

Tom Fenton

If you lift up the rear seat base, the fuel pump is underneath a big circular plastic cover. Don't confuse it with the tank level sender!

If it is working you can usually hear it as well if you listen carefully.

Alfie

Thanks Tom, trying find fault whilst running a very busy transport office so I'm running a bit of a delay but still looking to see what you guys are saying, thanks.

Alfie

Ok, now we have spark, power ok to pump when cranking, loosened fuel in at rail(right hand side as you look in) and fuel arriving ok. Where to now my friends? or have I got to walk home lol?

Edited by Alfie

Paul_13

Check all the plugs are in properly for the AFM etc...?

Mine kept coming loose

Alfie
Check all the plugs are in properly for the AFM etc...?

Mine kept coming loose

Well, I think we've tried everything now and the battery is now in need of a recharge! This has got be something real silly :) I have spark, bit weak now, Pump working ok as fuel is at rail but plugs completely dry. Anyone got any clues now please :D

Paul_13

Oops. sorry misread things.

Sorry to say i'm out of ideas

Edited by paul_xiii

Alfie
Oops. sorry misread things.

Sorry to say i'm out of ideas

Yeh, same here I'm afraid! I love my 205, but the bloody electrics frighten me to death, I'm sure this will end up being this. Very well might have to call out an Auto-Electrician tomorrow. I'll post result and hope it might help fellow puggers.

DrSarty

Is the fuel in the rail at pressure? Just coz the pump's working doesn't mean fuel's getting through. Filter issue?

Did you have the fuel lines off and plug them back in in reverse?

Is there a relay for the injectors on a 1.9 like there is on an Mi? If so, that could be the issue. Best way I'd test it (if it's fuel) is to crank it with the fuel rail lifted out over 4 plastic (clear if poss) cups.

Edited by DrSarty

Alfie
Is the fuel in the rail at pressure? Just coz the pump's working doesn't mean fuel's getting through. Filter issue?

Is there a relay for the injectors on a 1.9 like there is on an Mi? If so, that could be the issue. Best way I'd test it (if it's fuel) is to crank it with the fuel rail lifted out over 4 plastic (clear if poss) cups.

Hi Rich, thought you might have a suggestion or two, I'll try that tomorrow thanks, Terry.

Alfie

Further to my posts, I have just purchased a fuel filter and will put in soon, at the same time I spotted at the factors, a Draper Fault Code Tool. At just £14 I thought it might be worth a try? I've no experience with these and instructions say to plug into ECU. Any thoughts on this before I go ahead please

welshpug

they don't work on most 205's!

luggy

If you need a hand or parts give us a shout! :(

Alfie
they don't work on most 205's!

:( Not worth trying then wp?

welshpug

quite unlikely, is you car running Motronic or Jetronic?

Alfie
quite unlikely, is you car running Motronic or Jetronic?

It has a cat wp, can you tell from that? I wouldn't know otherwise.

Edited by Alfie