• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stee 1FM

Mot Abs Problem

stee 1FM

hi everyone

iv had a search for this but couldnt find anythink.

right..

i took my 1fm for a MOT today and it failed on the ABS not working.

iv already tried to sort this problem out once before and was told at the time it would be very exspencive.

so my queastion is...

is there anyway of making the light on the dash come on and then go out after say 10 seconds, so it lokk's like it works??

and befor any one says i DONT want to take it all off, i'm just looking for a quick fix to get it though the MOT.

thanks for any help.

stee1fm

205turbo

wire the out put to a glow plug relay, so it comes on and then goe's out

Miles

Just take the fuse out so the light doesn;t come at all, Most MOT places would never have a clue that a 205 could of had ABS fitted.

stee 1FM
wire the out put to a glow plug relay, so it comes on and then goe's out

Have you got any idea how i do this?

Just take the fuse out so the light doesn;t come at all, Most MOT places would never have a clue that a 205 could of had ABS fitted.

I have removed the bulb already and they have still picked up that i have ABS. so apart from removing the system which i didnt want to do or pay a load of money to get it fixed properly i thought about wiring in a time delay would be a great short term fix

Stee 1fm

Edited by Anthony

welshpug

Either fix the ABS properly or remove it, anything else is in theory illegal and fraudulent.

Edited by Anthony

Anthony

Thread cleaned... :rolleyes:

Rupertfinch

The diesel relay trick is good - I'd one that was put in to extinguish on ignition. Got me through MOT for a year until the next time around I encountered a much fussier bugger, who insisted that the light should extinguish before ignition.

Why, oh why didn't I pull out the fuse? Failed MOT so though feck it and had the ABS removed, car stops no better or worse without it.

Although I've bought new rear compensators, so I'm led to believe I'll be doing a bit of rear re-piping to put everything back to normal.

Could be something rather simple that's not working, or you could end up chasing your tail for a very long time. If it's the blackbox in the boot that's knackered then you'd be more than welcome to have mine.

Mark