• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dino20vt

Dimma Split Rims

dino20vt

Hi, ive heard that seperating the centre thats bolted to the rim can disturb the seal, or have i got the wrong end of the stick?

dino20vt

Is it DIY?

205turbo

I'm sure Henry will tell you when he comes online, i remember he did the ones on the 309 4x4 dimma, he had once

dino20vt

Ok mate, cheers, you even pre'empt him!

Guest Rallyesmoker

That is possible.... the sealing is quite old and the rubber sealing won't seal as it should be, when you replace it. ONLY when you seperate the two rings also. Be aware!!! Only the centre is not sealed!! Take of your tires, and you could try to keep the two rings together, something I rather won't do, because is might go leaking.

You could do 2 things. Order some new sealings, OR just get some sealer at the market, transparent silicone kit (bison perhaps?) and glew them to getter. DO use the old sealer ring, because this is also a spacer ring.

Looking for some new bolds, you can take a look at www.titanium-touch.de

Done it miself, works great.

Edited by Rallyesmoker

dino20vt
That is possible.... the sealing is quite old and the rubber sealing won't seal as it should be, when you replace it. ONLY when you seperate the two rings also. Be aware!!! Only the centre is not sealed!! Take of your tires, and you could try to keep the two rings together, something I rather won't do, because is might go leaking.

You could do 2 things. Order some new sealings, OR just get some sealer at the market, transparent silicone kit (bison perhaps?) and glew them to getter. DO use the old sealer ring, because this is also a spacer ring.

Looking for some new bolds, you can take a look at www.titanium-touch.de

Done it miself, works great.

Thanks for the info, it all sounds like too much work for me, the reason i wanted to remove the centre from the rims was to get them refurbed - powdercoated, which would have meant just handing the centres over, job done, no tyres to remove. So then i briefly thought about just getting the tyres removed and giving Tony the whole alloy but will the baking process ruin the seals?

Guest Rallyesmoker
Thanks for the info, it all sounds like too much work for me, the reason i wanted to remove the centre from the rims was to get them refurbed - powdercoated, which would have meant just handing the centres over, job done, no tyres to remove. So then i briefly thought about just getting the tyres removed and giving Tony the whole alloy but will the baking process ruin the seals?

The seal will survive the backing, but everything is colered, also the rims en bolts....

Taking out the centre without taking of your tires can't....

Edited by Rallyesmoker

dino20vt

Im not sure how the powdercoat process works but can the emamel be just put on the centres with the aid of masking etc? If the seals would survive then maybe the tyres too?

Guest Rallyesmoker
Im not sure how the powdercoat process works but can the emamel be just put on the centres with the aid of masking etc? If the seals would survive then maybe the tyres too?

take some tape and a spraycan..... When you do that, it's a shame and a waste of time and money to get powdercoated centres. Men, sorrie, but when you powder coat something, do it right.

Besides, before coating, the product must me blasted, clean of all kinds of dirt. Masking the rings is no garantie that they won't be harmed, evenso when they are coated, it might get on the rings.

But, yes. you could mask the rings.... and bolts :lol:

t16ryan

There easy to do yourself, i reused the plastic gaskets and used a bead of clear silicone when refitting them,

ebay018.jpg

EbayNEW017.jpg

blue_haddock

Try and speak to Mark_R on here - he recently did a cracking job on refurbing his dimma rims.

dino20vt

Mark_R cant find him mate