• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rupertfinch

Wheel Alignment

Rupertfinch

Am I being thick? I've paid a decent tyre fitting firm to get wheel alignment done as I was getting uneven wear towards the end of the life of the previous set of tyres.

However, now when my steering wheel is at 12 o'clock position, the car pulls to the left. A botched job? Reassurance required before I go ranting to them this afternoon.

Mark.

Garry

I would say so, yes. It sounds like they didn't centre the steering wheel properly before they started.

BUT, it would be worth checking that nothing is worn or broken. How long ago was the alignment done? Have you hit anything since?

jimistdt
Am I being thick? I've paid a decent tyre fitting firm to get wheel alignment done as I was getting uneven wear towards the end of the life of the previous set of tyres.

However, now when my steering wheel is at 12 o'clock position, the car pulls to the left. A botched job? Reassurance required before I go ranting to them this afternoon.

Mark.

Good morning, Mark.

I had exactly the same thing happen to me, so I did.

I took it back to the garage and they got it back on the ramps, turned out the wishbone pin that goes into the hub had too much play in it, and on top of that my hub was ovalled. New hub and bones sorted it.

It's got to be worth checking both of them as they're likely culprits.

Let's know how you get on. :D