• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
nick9one1

Gti6 Loom Wiring

nick9one1

I know what your thinking.. 'oh not another gti6 wiring topic'

but Im pretty clued up on loom wiring as I fitted a xantia 16v in the 205 over Christmas.

Now Ive got a gti6 head and gti6 loom to swap over.

Pretty much got it all wired in, all sensors work, fuel pump primes on ignition, 12v to the injectors (haven't got individual coil packs yet as the xantia used wasted spark) so it wont start, but the injectors don't seem to be firing on turning it over? if I earth the second pin on any of them I hear a click and smell fuel. So the ecu just doesn't seem to be earthing them off so they fire. The crank sensor is connected and working too.

any ideas? after studying the wiring diagram the only thing I can think of is to check that pin 35 on the ecu is getting a switched 12v

but then that led me to wonder where the ecu gets any voltage from to stay powered when the car is off? as i cant see it getting a constant feed from anywhere?

th_GTI6post972-1.jpg

thanks in advance!!

Edited by nick9one1

Toddy

Is the ECU Definitely unlocked?, has it been tested on another car to rule this out.

nick9one1

no, its not definitely unlocked. although I thought a locked ecu just stopped the fuel pump (and other devices on this part of the relay) from getting 12v, so you never get the pump to prime?

this is it Clicky he does say its unlocked, but on receiving it I noticed it includes the key, transponder box, interior light, etc. So he could have meant it includes everything to unlock it.

is it easy to wire in the transponder box/immobiliser to the loom? or am i better sending it to someone with a gti6 to plug into theirs and unlock.

Toddy

Best finding someone with a GTI6, as I believe its not a simple job to wire everything in, it also depends whether the 6 was phase 1,2 0r 3.

I had bought an apparently unlocked ECU, which had a knackered driver within the ECU, I ended up sending it to the ECU doctor to be repaired as I had the same symptoms as yourself.

Good luc

gti-si

I had a faulty/locked ECU and had exactly the same Nick. I had 12v accross the injectors and the pump primed etc. I tried it with a known good unlocked ECU and it fired first time. I'd get hold of an ECU if you can and try this

nick9one1

sounds like that might be it then, I'm sure its wired in correctly.

I have switched 12v to ;

Fuel Pump,

Lambda,

Injectors,

Coil Packs,

TB Heater,

Pin 52, 35 & 13 on ECU,

I just cant see what else it could be?

also does anyone have a wiring diagram that includes the immobiliser? it only has 12 wires on it, I guess some will go to the transponder, chip reader, ecu, earth and, 12v so it cant be too difficult just to get it wired in?

Edited by nick9one1

taylorspug

Does the Xantia head have the hole for the cam phase sensor to go in? As the GTI6 management runs sequential injection and ignition.

nick9one1

no, but I'm running a gti6 head anyway so it is plugged in.

but saying that will it work with the xantia pulleys? as I'm not using 6' ones

taylorspug

Maybe not, the outers have a raised section on the inner ring of the pulley which triggers the sensor. Saying that i *think* all the outers are the same, its just the inner hubs that differ between the single and three bolt types.

nick9one1

the pulley does look like It has a part that sticks out more. I'll take a picture shortly. is there anything else that needs to be connected to get the injectors to fire other than crank, cam, and injector plugs?

I didn't have the manifold plugs on but i cant see how this would matter for firing the injectors.

I'm almost 100% certain the wiring is correct as everything is getting constant or switched 12v as it should

Spiky

on some looms you need PERM lives think brown one for instance

you have aswitched live to pin 14 of the ignition relay?

the ignition relay could be faulty

odds on it's probably the ECU

does the fuel pump prime when you put the ignition on point 2?

Alastairh

I could be wrong here,

But my understanding was that if the ecu was locked you wouldn't be getting power from the injectors or spark. Sounds like a perm 12v problem. Worth checking anyway.

Its been 18 months since i last played around with these conversion though.

Al