Jump to content
  • Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

    Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martyn180

Bouncey/see-saw Suspension

Recommended Posts

martyn180

When I seem to go over a some very poor road, I get a see saw effect that appears to eminate from the back feeling quite unsettled. Going round bends is fine, and goods road its fine. Was hoping replacing the rear bearing would help

So I replaced all the bearings in the rear beam, set the ride height to standard.

So now thinking is it the torsion bars, or the shocks, I seem to remember the shocks countrol the bounce?

any guidance would be helpful.

Cheers

martyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
welshpug

you dont happen to have black bilstein dampers on the rear do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kilauea

Mine was bouncing around like mad over speed bumps when I got it.

Replaced the dampers (all round mind) and it's sorted :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
martyn180

All the shocks, are standard even with the yellow stripey paint marks, Sounds like the dampers though, may get some new rears, do the k6s look the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×