• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lemmingzappa

Trying To Shift My Engine Over Half An Inch

lemmingzappa

My new manifold is knocking on a rod so I was told I could move my engine over half an inch and it may fix the issue. (sorry for this thread, the other one was in the wrong place really)

I can't seem to lock the engine in its new position. I used a pry bar to push the engine over slightly which seemed to work, and whilst I had all my might on the bar my girlfriend tightened the 13mm nuts back up. Once we let go everything just went back to how it was before !?

Have I been loosening the right nuts?

Here's a pic of the bolts i loosened under the battery:

cimg3665i.jpg

jackherer

You need to undo those two nuts and lever the mount itself over then tighten the nuts. The holes in the mount are oval shaped.

It looks like its over as far as it will go already though I would say.

Are your battery tray bolts not fully tightened? The rear one looks like its not all the way in. They should be fully tightened before the battery tray takes any weight really.

James_R

Looks like the mount itself is a bit old, just try pulling the engine about, I bet it will flo over the place, I'd suggested fresh mounts from Peugeot of Grp "N" items

lemmingzappa

Well the mount was as far over as I will go already, so now i'm back to square one.

Here is a pic of where it has been scraping, you can see the marks on the manifold:

cimg3667.jpg

And what is the name of that mount..... Top Engine Mount ?

I wasn't aware Peugeot sold Group N parts, I thought that was all aftermarket stuff.

Someone else suggested bending the gear rod, but I don't know if that's a good idea :angry:

CosKev

I wonder if you could drill the mounting hole for that gear stabiliser rod over abit on the subframe????? :lol:

Or drop it off the car(not a 5 minute job)and get it heated up and bent. :P

lemmingzappa
I wonder if you could drill the mounting hole for that gear stabiliser rod over abit on the subframe????? :lol:

could this be done with it still attached to the car ?

and are all the parts attached to it long enough for me to move it further left on the subframe ?

foreigner

I would cut the stud off to clear the space and then twist the mount move it as much as you need and drill new holes put nut and bolt or weld new stud in or weld bolt in or whatever as there is enough space to do that.

It's easier to move the battery tray out and modify it then your exhaust.

Let us know waht you done at the end