• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

Mi16 Engine Id Location?

24seven

I need to update the DVLA on my Mi16 swap before I can tax it, which is the next step to getting it on the road. Where can I find the engine number on an alloy block Mi16 in order to do this?

Cheers,

Guy

24seven

ok I've found it, but I'm not sure if I've read it right as it's a bit corroded. Is there a way of checking online whether or not the engine code I have matches one that left a factory?

Miles

The tag is behind/under the head on a tab on the block pointing towards the bulkhead, Allot fall off so I would use your old number or stamp one in it

24seven

Don't I need to match the number off that engine with my car specifically though? I thought they needed to nkow the egine's serial number so they can make sure it's not from a Cat A writeoff or from a stolen vehicle etc. Neither of which I have the details of, as I bought it off here from someone who'd had it in his 205 track car previously.