• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stimpysaurus

Removing Tailgate Trim Panel

stimpysaurus

I've haynes'd and searched and servicebox'd it but i still cant find out why i cant remove the damn thing!

I've removed the badges and slide clips and also the metal washer from inside above the lock.

are there any other fixings which need removed or is it probably just jammed inplace or stuck with glue? it comes away on the sides but seems to be kept inplace in the middle around the lock somewhere.

I read in another thread someone said there's a U clip near the lock inside but im not sure which bit that is.

any advice is very welcome

(in other words someone please help me!)

SurGie

Slide it downwards, as long as you taken out the lock bit.

pugdamo

Remove the interior boot trim,if you look at the back of the boot lock you will see a metal clip around the boot lock,it has a flat edge on the top,using a flat headed screwdriver lever it upwards,once its off remove the boot lock,if you have removed the clips behind the badges then thats it,it should come off,unless some nice person has decided to bond it aswell :) .

Hope that helps

stimpysaurus
Remove the interior boot trim,if you look at the back of the boot lock you will see a metal clip around the boot lock,it has a flat edge on the top,using a flat headed screwdriver lever it upwards,once its off remove the boot lock,if you have removed the clips behind the badges then thats it,it should come off,unless some nice person has decided to bond it aswell :) .

Hope that helps

ahhhh I thought that must have been the clip to be removed, i did try levering it but not with much force just incase it wasnt the right one. I will give it another bash tomorw.