• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Bbm Lower Engine Mount- Thumbs Up

M@tt

Just thought i'd share that on Saturday i fitted a new solid rubber BBM bottom engine mount to my GTI6 as i was suffering quite bad engine rock and kangarooing on light throttle from the standard GTI6 mount which i think had gone abit soft over time.

The difference is amazing! the car feels much "tighter" and the gear change is also alot more precise.

I got spot on next day delivery from Stew and for £25 delivered it's well worth it

Big thumbs up B)

engine killer

Sorry, may I add one more thumbs up for Stewards' coolant hose set for 205 Mi16 too? The built quality and price is just unbeatable.

The close to 100 quid delivery + cost for 2 sets worth more than the money I have paid. They made me, my friend and the mechanic smile and of course - THUMBS UP! B)

AdamP

Bought a set of GrpA beam mounts off the last week and they arrived next day. Another thumbs up for BBM B)

swordfish210

I've got a few BBM parts on my car, top guy, top quality products and top service B) . Should have another pair of his items on the XT soon....more on that later though :D

chocolate_o_brian

I may be getting some Baker BM engine mounts soon, complete set plus the lower fork bush.

Does anyone know how much they are with a club discount? Or what the club discount % is?

Daz_C
I may be getting some Baker BM engine mounts soon, complete set plus the lower fork bush.

Does anyone know how much they are with a club discount? Or what the club discount % is?

10% discount according to the discount and group buy page :D

chocolate_o_brian
10% discount according to the discount and group buy page B)

I've missed this haven't I! :D

Where abouts is said page? Need to have a looksy ;)B)

cybernck

take a look in the Group Buys & Discounts forum...

Rom

Top of page, list of discounters.

Stew is a legend !

He once removed a hose off his own car and sold it to me as i was in a bind, and he had no others.

I have his hose set, Grp A rear mount kit, Grp N top mounts, and the new lower mounts as Matt said. All top stuff.

The eccentric mounts are on the list, when there ready and i have the cash.

Alastairh

He goes the extra mile doesn't he?

When i last bought a set, i explained i needed them ASAP, they arrived the next day :)

EdCherry

Only got my BBM Top mounts at the minute, impressed with them and got them through Miles :)

CaptainK

I've got the very same lower BBM engine mount on my 205 GTi6. I can't rate it though, as its been in there since the start of my GTi6 project and I'm too much of a newbie to car mechanics to know any difference. :rolleyes:

However, it was a good price, they were very friendly and it was delivered quickly. :lol:

MrG

I've got all his engine mounts done on mine and the car is a different animal, very noisy though and the feedback and vibrations etc are quite harsh BUT its a track biased car and it all adds to the experience so I'm a big fan of them. Coupled with the webers fitted that is!

willmounsey

I got the engine mount kit and it only took 3 days to get to me in Ireland

good service and again thumbs up :angry:

Masekwm

The service is always great from BBM, the last 3 times I've used them I've been desperate and called Stew on the number on his site and the parts have been out in the post that day. Great service :angry:

springs

Ive got the full blow engine mount set up on mine and there great.. also have the thermostat adapter as well. When i went to FCS on sunday he was there (im guessing its him) and started looking at what he had available and noticed a design change on him thermostat adapters and he said that he would send me some rubber seals (part of the design change) for nothing.. which is great :)

will be using him again when there is more bits available and i start my next project :D