Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

kyepan

[engine_work] Xu9j4 Mi-16 Rebuild

petert

Then you wouldn't need the flex pipe. A better long term solution.

petert

I've been trying to get my head around why this exhaust works so well and the physics behind it. Is it because the pipes are twice as long, doubling the wavelength and doubling the mass of air that is extracting exhaust/incoming charge from the cylinder?

kyepan

Thread resurection.

So the pug is still going strong, it has however been suffering from an interminable flat spot at low rpm wide throttle openings.

Which was temporarily fixed by swapping out the middle box, with another long-life box.

Within a week... yes a week, the flat spot is back....a year goes by... and it gets fixed again, this time with a different brand of middle box, again it's going like a wet cat out of a bath tub.

Other foot notes, I bought a proper four tube carb balancer, and followed the instructions on the GSXR workshop manual for balancing the bodies. It now has no kangerooing either. So it's really rather good at the moment.

Sounds great, gets LOADS of looks everywhere, goes like stink.

happy pug owner.

PS- avoid long life exhausts, their boxes are not high quality.. at all.

DrSarty

Wow Justin! Epic. Be good to see you again at some point/meet.

Did I read you go to Ace Cafe occasionally? I know where it is, although I've never been to a meet there.

kyepan
On 4/27/2016 at 6:00 AM, petert said:

I've been trying to get my head around why this exhaust works so well and the physics behind it. Is it because the pipes are twice as long, doubling the wavelength and doubling the mass of air that is extracting exhaust/incoming charge from the cylinder?

Just seen that I had not seen this! I don't know, sandy might it was his idea to use it. 

Going to do the cam belt, re time the cams, and I think an o ring has gone again. If I had the money is put on a set of jenveys. But it will have to get fixed for now. 

Back to flat spot city unfortunately.