• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

Cigar Lighter Cover

flipperthebushkangaroo

As per the title, does anyone know where i can get a cover to replace a cigar lighter its for the MX-5 not the pug but would have thought they are a pretty standard item.

Would like to remove the lighter as it is used as a power point a fair bit but i don't like seeing a hole in the dash when it is not in use and the lighter invariably rattles around where ever i put it when something else is plugged in.

Thanks as ever.

Roddie

timb1046

ford put them in there cars which simply say 12V on them. IIRC they have a securing ring on some so when not in use it simply hangs next to the point. may be wrong on the securing ring bit though, might be thinking of the ones in the van which arent genuine ford items. so could look in a scrappy for one?

OR try one of these?

the first one is probably most suited, could always install it tucked away in the pass foot well and so keep the cigar lighter bit in place for the OE look

just steal the covers?

2. maybe a bit bulky?

Edited by timb1046

flipperthebushkangaroo

cheers timb1046,

like the look of the last one should be able to use the unit itself to replace the crap one in the 205 two fixes for the price of one :D