• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

Rear Beam Shafts

SurGie

Hi, Iv had my beam and shafts sorted out but iv read on here that GSF ones are smaller in diamater.

How can you tell if mine are the pug ones or \GSF one's ?

Miles

I think you;ve mixed up with the 306 ones as one side has a small inner dia hole so you can;t get a large ARB in there, All the shafts are the same OD

SurGie

Dont think so, they both look the same on both sides on my ZX arms its just i read on here about 205 beam shafts can be smaller

in size where they fit in the bearings, from GSF than pug ones which can lead to them wearing out the new bearings quicker.

jimistdt
Dont think so, they both look the same on both sides on my ZX arms its just i read on here about 205 beam shafts can be smaller

in size where they fit in the bearings, from GSF than pug ones which can lead to them wearing out the new bearings quicker.

Without first hand experience you don't know that for a fact though, George.

If you can get a pair of verniers you can possibly measure them but I wouldn't have thought there would be a discernable difference.

SurGie

Yeh i have a set of vernier's to hand, il give them a measure soon as i can, cheers

Miles

No all the shafts are the same as are the bearings, Take Forums with a pinch of salt sometimes as there's lot's of misleading info/pub talk

SurGie
If you can get a pair of verniers you can possibly measure them but I wouldn't have thought there would be a discern able difference.

Iv measured them and the measurements are, outer diameter 42mm and inner diameter 34mm.

Edited by SurGie

taylorspug

Ive never seen any of different O/D either. As Miles said they are all the same.

Ryan

GSF supply genuine pug shafts, so there's no difference.

SurGie

Im glad we've sorted out that pub talk rubbish !