• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

89 Cti Fascia Panel N/s "trim Quadrant"

lagonda

"Trim quadrant" as that's what Haynes call it ...illustration 20.97 on p333 of the older Haynes manual. If that's not clear, it's the lower half of the dashboard...the bit that carries the fuseboard, & also carries round for the radio aperture etc.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but judging by the number of self tappers holding everything together, it seems strange that the whole left side seems to be fixed solely by a self tapper where the door shuts (couple of inches above/right of door courtesy light switch), and one of the screws for the bonnet release handle.

Doesn't seem very rigid to me, especially as this carries the glovebox & fuse/relay board.

There are four holes, obviously for screws, in the panel where the glovebox lid shuts, ie either side of the catch for the glovebox. Strange thing is....there's nothing for screws to go into there! Is this yet another example of Peugeot bean counters getting their way, or am I missing something?

Been so many years since I took the dash apart, I can't recall!