• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Body Work

driversdomainuk

Hi

Rolled my 205 at Loton Park a few weeks ago...ok, damage is a badly dented roof and damaged n/s front pannel and crushed head lamp area on n/s...there are some dents on rear panels which I think I cna sort...

I am wondering, as an estimate would anyone know how much a cheap body shop would/should/may charge for:

new windscreen

new roof (with a pillars)

new inner and outer n/s front panel and inner skin

new n/s headlight with indicator

All suspension points etc are fine and all appers to be cosmetic (thanks to roll cage)

All above to be fitted and painted

Cheers

Rob

djinuk

certainly will be cheaper to reshell, the roof alone from pug costs around £140, plus much labour (prob £500 worth easy) and this is still working primarily on the roof itself. Might be a good time to learn about welding :P.

Cloverleaf
certainly will be cheaper to reshell, the roof alone from pug costs around £140, plus much labour (prob £500 worth easy) and this is still working primarily on the roof itself. Might be a good time to learn about welding :P.

Unless he has a full weld in multipoint cage and other shell mods.

driversdomainuk
certainly will be cheaper to reshell, the roof alone from pug costs around £140, plus much labour (prob £500 worth easy) and this is still working primarily on the roof itself. Might be a good time to learn about welding :D.

um interesting, I did consider reshelling but someone else said repairing will be cheaper....I am awaiting a quote anyway, just wanted to get a ball park figure...was hoping will be no more than £800 for the lot :P

Cameron

I guess he has a weld-in roll cage and that's the reason for wanting to repair it. If not then I would just re-shell it.

Might be cheaper to get a donor shell and take the bits from that.

Edited by Cameron

djinuk

you will have a pm in a few mins :P

driversdomainuk
I guess he has a weld-in roll cage and that's the reason for wanting to repair it. If not then I would just re-shell it.

Might be cheaper to get a donor shell and take the bits from that.

I have a verty entensive cage, a seat worth £500 which has been welded to the car and over £1,000 worth of rear beam, extensivly rippe out insides so I dont want to reshell it....also there is an emotional attachment to the thing, a new shell would be sort of like a person with a different spirit.....god that sounds gay but you know what I mean!!

Edited by driversdomainuk

Batfink

its not really the parts that are expensive. Its the labour cost.

djinuk

i know exactly what you mean, and i guess its almost a buzz when it comes back all looking sweet, knowing the car was a wreck,... ive done it a few times, knowing full well it was financially the wrong decision.

driversdomainuk

ok - so lets have all your guesses, to do this work, new roof, new frotn n/s panel and inner and new windscreen.....

I reckon on £800..(??)

Cameron

Placing bets are we? :lol:

I reckon £1200, if you're including parts, labour, painting and VAT.

Batfink

i got quoted about £1200 for a similar amount of work once so I'd say slightly more in current times

driversdomainuk
i got quoted about £1200 for a similar amount of work once so I'd say slightly more in current times

ok in that case do you think I would get £2,000 for the car being sold bash up like this, bearing in mind is has a 130 mile old fully rebuilt mi16 engine with weber carbs, tranx diff, roll cage, £350 seat, fully modified rear beam (24mm tb and 25mm arb) with yoko ao48r's, new clutch, fibreglass bonnet and boot....internally mounted race battery and polycarbonate windows....?

Be interesting to know what would be a realistic price should I sell it - high spec car and would be a good buy for someone who can do work themselves.....