• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxi

Uprated Fuel Pumps For Late 205 Gti's

maxi

Right, my fuel pump has s*it itself again. A bit of research has revealed that its almost impossible to get an uprated pump for a later style GTi. I cant really be f***ed to source an early tank and wang it on, anyone got hold of a pump before for their post 90 car?

Maxi

EdCherry

Why not go for a facet or something if they keep dying on you?

maxi

Wanted to try and keep the std setup of just having the pump in the tank if I could.....

Maxi

MerlinGTI

slightly off topic (sorry) but what style pump (and tank) will an '88 ph 1.5 have? Im about to buy a pump.

Cheers

Tom Fenton

Maxi, have a look at some of the motorsport injection pumps, I haven't tried, but see no reason why you couldn't fit one into the 205 pump housing in the tank.

easypug

Walbro 250 L/H pump

I've got one which i'm not using any more, I brought mine from them a while back but have not used it.

feb

Walbro B)

James_R

Walbro, can go in place of the standard pump, I've got one from an s16 I broke and is in a box somewhere

Henry Yorke

I had a pump a while back (can't remember the make) and it was the same as a 106 pump if that is any help.

Regards,

Henry

maxi

Cheers for the posts guys! Only problem is those pumps are listed for up to 1990 GTi's. Later tanks/pumps are slightly different and thats the one I was after(if it exists?).

Cheers for the tip Tom, I will look into it.

Maxi

engine killer

my mechanic did a conversion with a Bimmer E36 328i fuel pump and it works perfectly. i ill be having one fabricated by him for my '91 1.9 gti (actually, Mi) later this year (or maybe during summer). it you guys can wait i can post some pictures of what he will do.

Edited by engine killer

feb
Cheers for the posts guys! Only problem is those pumps are listed for up to 1990 GTi's. Later tanks/pumps are slightly different and thats the one I was after(if it exists?).

Cheers for the tip Tom, I will look into it.

Maxi

Maxi,

The previous owner of my car has fitted a Walbro and my car's a 1991. I'll check the receipt tomorrow.

Cheers,

fivos

Edited by feb

leon 1.9

You got her back then Feb? :rolleyes: