• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BamBamGTI

[car_overhaul] Bam Bam's (Mi16) Refurb Project

BamBamGTI

Much needed update...

After many, many hours work, trawling the site for answers, bad weather, several hundred cups of tea and cigarettes, swearing at things not working/ fitting, and de-skinning my knuckles a few times Im finally near the end of my project!

Managed to fixed the bolt for the fuel lines. Decided on drilling out the old snapped bolt and putting a new bolt in as I didnt want any nasty engine fires caused by a melting fuel line rubbing on the exhaust manifold...

th_006-10.jpg

Found out why car was stuttering before as this is what the inside of my fuel pressure regulator looks like... Bought a new one £50

th_012-8.jpg

th_014-6.jpg

Bumper and side-trim has been replaced after long last and the car is looking a lot tidier, here's the new look at the end of today.

th_007-10.jpg

Still cant fit in the steering column grommet, and ideas as to the best method of this? Im trying to fit from the inside of the car.

The coil has been changed, but I cant remember the correct places for the wires. I've looked on the forum and it looks like different cars have different wiring. Im assuming it doesn't matter in which side the wires go (left or right) as long as the wires are on the right terminals (+ & -) if that makes sense.

th_003-7.jpg

Still got these brackets left over. The left on is for the fuel pressure reg, but what for? The right is for the PAS I think, but don't know where it fits.

th_011-8.jpg

Got all the fluids to start the car, I just hope its all going to go well, fingers crossed. What do you think?

th_002-6.jpg

th_005-8.jpgth_004-7.jpg