• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

New Top Mounts

eddie bullit

anyone used the top mount refurb kit from gsf? they cost £22 per side for rubber and bearing..or can anyone recommend elswhere and price?

cheers in advance guys

eddie...

Baz

What do they come with? bearing in mind you can get GpN rubbers from BBM and the bearings alone from GSF at about £9 a side.

Edited by Baz

bensonmi
anyone used the top mount refurb kit from gsf? they cost £22 per side for rubber and bearing..or can anyone recommend elswhere and price?

cheers in advance guys

eddie...

i recently got a pair for £15 from motor factors, they included new skf bearings,rubbers and fresh nuts and washers, i did'nt use the rubbers though,i got some group n ones from bbm on here. when you compare the 2 next to each other, the standard ones are way softer than the bbm items!

also cleaned up the old metal parts with a whire wheel on a drill and painted them with black hammerite. looks much tidyer!

eddie bullit

didnt fancy grp n rubber baz as I've been told they can be a bit harsh..dont know if theres any truth in that...car is used for spirited wk ends on a/b roads, and plodding in the sun with the missus!!

Baz

They are slightly yes, not immensely though and they last better!

swordfish210

They're not harsh at all, they just make the car feel a bit more responsive during turn in.

bensonmi
didnt fancy grp n rubber baz as I've been told they can be a bit harsh..dont know if theres any truth in that...car is used for spirited wk ends on a/b roads, and plodding in the sun with the missus!!

i dont think they'd be overly harsh, maybe its solid metal mounts for the rear they were on about? they still have give in them so im sure they'l be fine for your needs, tightening up the handling a bit at the same time.

eddie bullit

may leave the top mount kit ...twisted my arm when you said grp n would improve response :D may just get the skf bearings then from gsf.

best place for grp n rubbers please chaps...and cost if poss.

Edited by eddie bullit

EdCherry

I got myself rubbers from BBM and SKF bearings from GSF. Cleaned the rest of the top mounts in vinegar and the jobs a goodun.

Simes
They're not harsh at all, they just make the car feel a bit more responsive during turn in.

I ran group N mounts for about 5 years. It was a welcome relief to go back to standard - less crashy and to be honest that far out weighs the turn in response.

skeggyrik

The separate bearing is not listed under the 205 at GSF, on the full top mount kit with the rubber.

It is however listed under the citroen berlingo.

I think they are £7ish

richsmells

I have SBC hard rubber top and rear mounts. The rears are great, i've always thought fronts were a little crashy, but I also changed the springs, so hardly a fair comparison.

I've just had new wishbone bushes and trackrod ends and it's improved no end on anything but the most pot-holed of Dorset's roads.

Edited by richsmells

shalmaneser

I've got to get these bits, could someone confirm some part codes? I'll get BBM top mounts, what other bits do i need? I guess SKF bearings are the ones to go for?