• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kruder

Stereo Fitting

kruder

Ive got a 1990 (h) 205gti,, there is no stereo in it and its the original wiring inside which obviuosly doesnt fint a modern cd/ stereo.. can anyone suggest how I rectify this by means of an adaptor etc. or does anyone have or know where i can get the original stereo for the pug?

GLPoomobile

If the original wiring is in tact, you just need to buy a suitable ISO adaptor loom. Halfords will happily gang bang you to the tune of about £12 - way too much for a few inches of wire and 2 plugs - but you should be able to get them cheaper on eGay.

Mikey S

the wiring adapters on ebay are ok, but ive found on more than a couple of occasions that the permanant anjd switched lives will have to be swapped in the connector. you can tell if this needs doing as the radio looses it memory when the ignition is switched off.

you could always just cut the original orange plugoff and wire in a iso connector. i have in my 205, means i can fit any stereo easier.

mike

bensonmi

i got a spare iso adaptor :D fiver delivered if you want

kruder
i got a spare iso adaptor :D fiver delivered if you want

thanks buddy, bu i bought one and went to fit it....only to find......it has already been re-wired!! I prob shouldve checked first ...doh!!

so now ive also got a spare if anyone wants it for the cost of the postage