• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aCe

Lower Strut Brace

aCe

Just fitted my lower OMP strut brace and it hitting on the lower engine mount casing.

The casing is the one that the lower bushed is pressed into and secures the O/S drive shaft. I have had a check and all the mounts show no signs of perishing etc, i have just polybushed it all but dont think that would change any thing?.

Any other suggestions? I have had one of these before and didnt have this problem

HELP

Tom Fenton

Have you fitted it upside down? This is the only way I can think of it hitting the lower engine mount, it is cranked downwards and forwards to clear it.

MrG

I must admit I have yet to fit mine as it appears that I won't have the space to get a ratchet in to bolt it all up, have to get it on a ramp and have a proper go. Do these lower mounts actually help?

tom_m

is it this way round?

th_DSC00246.jpg

aCe

Lol yes thats def the way i fitted it :D

I don't understand either as had no problem with my last one, it's so annoying as its vibrating through the chassis!!!!!!!1

damien

mine hits the lower engine mount and vibrates the dash to bits, ive just put up with it now but some soild engine mounts have helpped abit