• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lybker

Xu9j4 Megasquid Into Original Ecu Housing

lybker

I want to keep my original ecu and engineloom - so then I would just cut the pins, remove th board and refit the megasquid board, and then rewire everything inside the ecu again - keeping engineloom intact.

But I guess this has been done before, so maybe some friendly soul would upload a chart with the old --> new pin layout ?

:-)

thx in advance

DrSarty

This is the most baffling question I've ever read!

WTF is a Megasquid?

If you're just after the pin layout on either a 2 or 3 row Mi16 ECU, then I'm sure it's readily available and there are easier ways of asking.

And out of interest what is the benefit of doing what you're doing?

There's nothing complicated about an engine loom, and I would be rather suspect of re-using on old Peugeot loom anyway - particularly in the brown, engine bay multi-plug area - for the sake of a day's work, a bundle of new wire, shrink wrap and a soldering iron.

(I've had a bad day; and the word Megasquid just wound me up. Sorry.)

Edited by DrSarty

welshpug

It'll mean you can use the original Mi16 wiring loom without any cutting, hence save a fair bit of cash, but whether that's really a good idea as the looms are pretty old now is another thing.

lybker

HAHA thx for the answers - made me laugh :-)

megasquirt is an aftermarked ecu similar to omex or vems - with all the added features that brings: googled it and found some understandable info here: http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

agree with doubts about reusing an old loom - but the one on my engine was in really good condition - so would be a shame redoing the work eventhough its pretty easy :-)

soldering some wires in the orig ecu would be ok for me as I need a box for my electronics anyway

sorry for the inconvinience - but looking forward to some usefull answers ;-)

EdCherry

Only reason I assume Sarty was confused is because you put megasquid.... which most people think of as a sea creature not something you put under your dash.

All I can suggest is searching for the pin-out of your ecu on the engine now, i.e. 8v, mi16 2 row, mi16 3 row, gti-6 and then matching your pin of the megasquirt ecu to those.

paulvancraen

I'd buy the XM 2.0T loom and ECU. You've got alot more connectors (3 row) AND a map sensor pipe builtin. Also the Loom is alot younger.

With this loom you can also convert from dizzy to wasted spark, which is much better imo.

And you can also throw the AFM away ;)