• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmilbank

Oval Setup

Guest rmilbank

Im currently building an XS for short oval racing. Im wondering what peoples ideas are on specs for suspension setup. I need to retain standard dampers but springs are free.

I was thinking some Grp N mounts front and rear. GTi torsion bars and perhaps ARB from a GTi?? (will this be too stiff)?

As for front what springs are best rated to fit the XS?

I previously had a thread that says GTi springs suit. So whos best and how low? Eibach/Apex/Pi... 30/40/50/60mm drop??

ericdean

Hello Mate

Which track(s) are you planning on racing at? I used to race a 2Ltr Pinto'd Starlet at Blyton (Lincolnshire).

I would go for a set of poly bushes for the front, and a set of Grp A solid rear mounts. As for how low to go will, I would've thought, depend on the track you run on and the pits, last thing you want is to be dragging the floor all through the pits!

Eric

Guest rmilbank

I live around 10 minutes from Arena Essex so will be racing there mainly. the track is pretty smooth but the pits are quite bumpy.

Is the best idea to get it as low as possible or will that just cause it to shuffle and hop in the corners?

ericdean

That was always my idea, as low as I could but without making it stupidly stiff, when I ran the small 13" steelies on dry tyres I had to drive it up onto 2 bits of scaffold board to get the jack under! It will need a bit of give otherwise it will shuffle about. It would be worth a trip down to the first meeting and have a look at few of the other cars and chat to the drivers to see what they're doing.

Jrod

Euro rods?

If so then you can uprate the front left shock iirc?

After a break from endurance rallying we were testing my mates euro rod at worthing this weekend and it went quite well.

danrace012.jpg

danrace021.jpg