• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stutto

Rusty Driving Light Reflector An Mot Fail?

stutto

Basically I called my garage and the lad who answered the phone said it would be OK as they don't test beam pattern on driving lights, is this correct?

I have doubts as by the time I go to collect it will have already failed and then I would have to re-test, so saying "But he told me..." will be worthless.

If it is a fail do I have to remove it or can I just tape it up? This is presuming that I can leave the OK one in place.

jimistdt

No its not tested Stutto, the beam pattern for headlamps is and you posistioning lights (sidelights) must be working, but driving lights don't form part of the test. :angry:

stutto

Thanks Jimi, I may be able to sleep tonight now. :angry:

jimistdt
Thanks Jimi, I may be able to sleep tonight now. :angry:

If thats all you have to worry about for the MOT I think you'll sleep fine. :blush:

stutto
If thats all you have to worry about for the MOT I think you'll sleep fine. :angry:

I somehow doubt it, the tester always finds something! But this was an obvious one and if leaving it there meant fail and taking it off meant pass I needed to know.

This will be my fourth MoT with this car and it always needs some work, but you can't realistically expect a car that is driven daily and approaching its 20th birthday to sail through every year.

jimistdt

I know what you mean, its the luck of the draw sometimes when it comes to testers.

A good tip I picked up was give the car a good clean inside and out, obviuosly in addition to making sure its roadworthy, gives the impression it's looked after.

Oh and thanks for reminding me, I've got mine in May and I need to sort out my rear fog light. :angry:

Edited by jimistdt