• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mickie

Paint Mix Ratios

mickie

im busy painting the car at the mo and ive finished the engine bay and underside, which turned out ok, but doing the interior now and exterior later.

i dont want to guess anymore so bought some mixing cups but want to be sure of the best ratio between, paint, hardner and thinners.

im using 2k paint and hardner

thanks for any help

wracing

its either 10% if using T1 thinners or 50% i cant remember :S

call these guys 01553 773321 they are great helped me out many a time!

Tom Fenton

Usually something like 2 parts paint 1 part hardener then add about 10% thinners, but ask who you bought the paint off.

mickie

cheers lads

toddydal

does it not say the ratio on the tins,if not do like tom said 2-1 with 10%thinner

aCe

WTF @ 50% thinners!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Primer is usually 4 parts paint and 1 part hardner and 10-20% thinners (depending if its a filler primer or flat primer)

Paint is usually 2 parts paint and 1 part hardner with 15-25% thinners (depending on condition w=and what sort of finish is achievable)

How was you guessing? I take it your not in the trade so how did you get the right viscosity to set (did it set)?

mickie

im using filler primer, painting is all new to me and ive just been mixing in a cup, ive just got the measuring cups now.

ive painted the underside and engine bay using 1:1 hardner to paint/filler primer, also using fast hardner as i was told it would be better in my cold garage.

its set alright and looks good but when it comes to interior and maybe exterior painting i want to get it as good as i can

Ricardo

I just bought metalic 2pk and was told 50/50 paint activator + 10% thinners.

High build Primer cellulose 1 paint to 4 thinners

Clear coat is 2 clear, 1 activator, 10% thinners

Thats if its fast activator.