• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cir287

Door Window Seals Too Short ?

one-lady-owner

I've justy tried Southgate winchester peugeot and being a dealer I'm not particuarly known at, all I can get is 10% off for a group buy. My usual place in southampton aren't answering the phone so I'll try them again later!!

Southgate Southampton just offered me 17.5% off retail for them still not a dealer I am known at but not bad! Still waiting on a call from hamble motors!

Edited by one-lady-owner

one-lady-owner

Just managed to get hold of Hamble motors..... they can do a bulk buy at cost plus 10% making the pair £25.76 instead of £35.89..... not bad going!

Junosix

Just to make sure - that's £25.76 for a pair of the the rubber bits that run across the length of the door near the bottom of the window and not the rubber bit that surrounds the window? If so, count me in.

one-lady-owner

Yes, the ones the go the length of the window. Once I manage to find 10 minutes when I'm not thinking of other things I'll start a group buy thread and see where we get!

smokey
Yes, the ones the go the length of the window. Once I manage to find 10 minutes when I'm not thinking of other things I'll start a group buy thread and see where we get!

Hey guys, only just seen theis thread. Was wondering if the group buy went ahead?

If so i would want some for my CTI, if they will do the same deal.

Also looking for some new rear rubbers too if possible.

Thanks

DrSarty

I too would like to know if this is available as a group buy. Tesstuff and were discussing it recently.

As another approach could be:

* look at using 405 or 605 ones? (maybe the same, just longer and could be cut/tailored to fit)

* get a plastic extruding company to make a die (if that's what it's called) to push this out on a roll of semi-flexible, modern black plastic

?

Just my ideas instead of potentially paying £30 just to do 2 doors. And I'm still not sure whether we know if 'new' OE ones are the correct size, as someone mentioned they'll be as old and still may have shrunk, although less so having not been exposed to the elements.

I think my 2nd idea would be an absolute winner, if the cost of the die was absorbed in the cost per metre with people buying off someone who had it, on demand on a bastid great roll.

one-lady-owner

I was looking into a group buy with the guy I know from my local Pug garage but he said that the likelihood of the 'new' ones being any better than the old ones was fairly small. They haven't made any new of these since the 205 went out of production, so any they did have (which they did have quite a few sets knocking around the french warehouses) were probably going to be the same!!

I decided not to bother getting a big group buy going and collecting money etc just to send out loads of seals that were no better than the old ones!!!

StuF215

I also had issues with my window seals being too short and leaving a gap between the seal and window. Bought replacments from pug and they snuggly fit right upto the glass, pillar and wing mirror.

Looks 10 times better and glad I didnt mess about trying to stretch any seals etc.

smokey
I also had issues with my window seals being too short and leaving a gap between the seal and window. Bought replacments from pug and they snuggly fit right upto the glass, pillar and wing mirror.

Looks 10 times better and glad I didnt mess about trying to stretch any seals etc.

Right i've just been to Peugeot in Chippeneham as its close to work and was just told that the weatherstrip (window rubber) for my CTI front doors are £134 and for the rear quarter £149 or it might be the other way around. Either way allot more expensive than what someone else said on here.

Are these the prices you've been quoted guys?

I really need at least one rear quarter and both front doors!!