• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cir287

Door Window Seals Too Short ?

cir287

Hi,

the outside seal at the bottom of the door windows is about 35mm short on both sides. someone told me that they shrink over time and need to be stretched when fitting new. Any 205 I've seen lately (all 2 of them) have been same. The existing ones have not been cut down.

my question is, if I buy new ones will they also be short or am I better off getting another and cutting it to extend existing short items.

Thanks

Cir

welshpug

sure they're not off a 5 door model?

djinuk

mine are also the same on 2 of my pugs. Now sure what the score is with them though so not a great reply .. sorry :lol:

Gentrix

I heard from some of our CTI drivers, that peugeot sold the CTI windowseals for a cheaper price, because they are meanwhile shrunk whilst lying in their boards - think about it, they are at least 10 years old, even if you buy them "new".

maybe you can try to lay them in motoroil for a day - I had a rubberboot on an abs-compensator double its size, because I had put the whole thing in a jar with Oil for a few days.

andi

Edited by Gentrix

cRaig

I bought a new one recently from peugeot, because I snapped the old one getting it off, and it fitted fine. Been meaning to replace the other side, they do shrink and get brittle over time.

Tom Fenton

Out of interest how much were new ones? Mine have also shrunk badly too.

ALEX

The ones on my F plate CTI have shrunk by almost an inch.

I was tinking of warming them up in the oven/radiator or something and then trying to streach them back.

cRaig

I think it was around a tenner per seal. Would have to double check to be completely sure though. Have lost track of what Ive spend at peugeot in the last year! :lol:

djinuk

wonder if we could get them a bit cheaper if ordering a fair few.

one-lady-owner

Both my xs and my GTi are like it, when i first got my xs I assumed someone at some point had replaced the seals with 5 door versions, but I think they have just shrunk.

Sounds like the makings of a group buy to me, I'd definitely be wanting a pair if one did start!

eddie bullit

I got mine from Rob at Autofive as mine had shrunk. just remember to lightly lube them prior to pushing into position otherwise they are a b@stard to seat fully. a quick squirt or wd or the like on the top of the door should suffice. As for price I cant remember but they weren't expensive or else i would have remembered :)

SurGie

Is black to black enought to keep them moistened, so they wont shrink ?

Im in for a group buy..

willmounsey

Mine are knackered also going to try the ones off my 106 but if they dont fit i'll be interested in a group buy...

Will

cRaig

I can go to the peugeot garage in bristol and enquire about a group bulk purchase, if people like?

miamistu

That would be great if you could :)

Junosix

Yeah - I've been thinking about getting some for mine after I had to superglue one back together last week after an over-enthusiastic bit of Autoglym-ing.

I'd be up for a group buy!

Rock Lobster

interested in a group buy also! :)

Rom

Worth a go Craig, although im not sure what if any discount they will offer. Depends on the markup.

Do you use Cribbs or Templegate ?

I got new front window seals recently, they were £32 a side. The strips on the door, the glass slides between were £13 - £15 each.

My NS seal had split on one of the corners, so i didnt bother trying to salvage them.

But on the rear 3/4 seals, i soaked them in hot water, then stretched them to fit. No doubt they will shrink again, but should last some time.

cRaig

Templegate is alot easier for me to get to, but i havent bought too much from them.

Might try the peugeot garage I frequent back home in shropshire, as Ive got a bit more of a raport with them. I just have to ring up and say I want parts for a 205, and they know its me.. :)

Rom

Cribbs know me very well. They rang me to borrow a set of beam bearings last month !

I always deal with Dave there, hes really helpful. Though the other guys recognise my number when i ring, and greet me with my name :)

Having a decent parts guy is a god send.

miamistu

Oh if only Charters in Aldershot were like that :)

BusEngineer

Ill be up for a set of these if we can get a group buy going :)

Edited by BusEngineer

one-lady-owner

According to servicebox the part numbers for the external weatherstrips are Right:931072 (£17.42 inc. VAT) and left : 930973 (£18.47 inc. VAT) not quite sure why they are different prices for different sides but hey it's peugeot, I'm fairly sure they pluck prices out of the air sometimes! I'll give my guy in Peugeot hamble a ring tomorrow and see what he can do for me too, get a bit of a price war going from all the 'contacts' we have between us! :)

Rom

Hmmm, i was talking about the window rubbers, that sit inside the door frame. Part numbers 930331 + 930430

The ones you list are for the outer seals, bottom of the window, clip onto the door. Which would clear the rain off the window as it slides (if they did)

Maybe i misread :)

one-lady-owner

It's possible I did, the outer seals are the seals that are too short on my car, I could be wrong!