• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Trying To Depin

davey205

what would i use for cutting through the steel rod that goes up to the door pin ive tried with my pliers and they arent sharp enough :D

welshpug

why are you trying yo cut it?

you only need to hammer them out.

GTI6BOY

Hammer it out with a hole punch?

Rom

Maybe hefty cutters, though the rod id quite thick. So maybe a hacksaw would be better.

Or if your wanting to remove the pin, unhook the rod from where it joins the rest of the latch assembly ? Should be a small clip, which slids round, then the rod can be pulled out.

Ive delocked mine, and removed the rods for the barrell, but left the ones for the pins. Incase the remote locking every fails. I can go in through the boot and manually unlock it.

Not too fussed about thieves, as at least they have to smash the window now. Which will set the alarm off, and its a lot cheaper and easier to fix than them denting the door again :ph34r:

Either im on the wrong track, or you lot are hahah ^^^^^

Edited by Rom

davey205

well i wanted to cut the top of the rod off as well

Rom

Your on about the door pin, to unlock the door right ? Or the hinge pins, that hold the door on ?

If its the door pin, removing the rod will leave no rod for it at all. So you wont be able to unlock the car other than via the barrel. Is that what you want ? There will be no pin, no rod, nothing to see or cut.

davey205
Your on about the door pin, to unlock the door right ? Or the hinge pins, that hold the door on ?

If its the door pin, removing the rod will leave no rod for it at all. So you wont be able to unlock the car other than via the barrel. Is that what you want ? There will be no pin, no rod, nothing to see or cut.

im talking about the door pin on the inside that u lift up to get out but im trying to take it off for security i realize i wont be able to get out of the car but i have the barrell lock and remote central locking anyway

Rom

Then do what i said, remove the actual rod. Cutting it means you cant go back. And it might rattle etc.

Remove the door card, and youll be able to see how the rods connect, just a case of twisting the clip for the right rod, and uncliping it.

davey205
Then do what i said, remove the actual rod. Cutting it means you cant go back. And it might rattle etc.

Remove the door card, and youll be able to see how the rods connect, just a case of twisting the clip for the right rod, and uncliping it.

hmm twisting eh is it really that simple we'll see tomorrow looks very securely fastened lol

Rom

The rod is a right angle on the end. Or 2 right angles, i forget. Anyway. The end of it sit in a clip, with has a latch, once the rod is in, you spin the latch, and it clips onto the rod. So the rod cant come out.

They can be quite tight to release the latch, but they do pop off. Then the rod can be slid out of the clip.

I hope this makes sense, trying to think how best to explain it.

Mikey S

can i ask why your doing this? as come mot time your car will fail the test. front doors have to open from the inside and the outside. rear doors are either.

mike

Mikey S

ignore me im being a spastic! lol :ph34r:

Super Josh

I just removed the rods, then filled the hole in the door card trim piece with P38 and then sprayed it to match.

Josh

davey205
ignore me im being a spastic! lol :)

yep because i did the same to my saxo and it went thru ok