• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

Are Your Leather Seats Mankey?

Galifrey
I wont mention the as new Ph1.5 interior I have in the garage then....ooooppp I just did!! :)

SELL IT TO ME!!!

:ph34r:

Nick_205GTI
SELL IT TO ME!!!

LOL no its going in my 205....mind I will be selling the interior out of mine once its in....and mines not exactly skanky!!

Galifrey
LOL no its going in my 205....mind I will be selling the interior out of mine once its in....and mines not exactly skanky!!

If they are not torn and ph1/1.5 half leather would like 1st dibs please

Pugleyrich

sorry to dig this thread out again.

I was wondering, how much scuffmaster should I buy to go over the front and rear seats (half leather)? I only have 1 front seat that really needs a going over, but the others all have small marks. Will I need enough dye to cover all of the leather, or just the scuffed part? I am not sure how far the 65ml will actually go.

Thanks

MerlinGTI

It will do the whole lot mate, front and rear. It goes quite a long way :lol: I would say full leathers might be pushing it to give you an idea.

I tried a few methods of applying it, I found the best way was to give the scuffs\cracks an isolated but good seeing to for the first pass, followed by rubbing the excess from this into the rest of the leather. Then buff off.

The pack comes with very lengthy and very good instructions :)

Edited by MerlinGTI

Pugleyrich

thanks Merlin, i will go for the small one then. once i have finished them i will get some beofre and after shots up!

weejimmy

sorry to bump an old thread but did anyone get some for black leather and have any left over thed want to sell?

just need some for 1 seat and would rather not shell out for a whole set new.

thanks

Daviewonder

This looks like amazing stuff! Has anyone used it on really hard, dry leather? as my full leather in my sorrento looks like its made from elephant hide and I'd really like to restore it.

MerlinGTI

Daviewonder - Clean the leather, heat the seats gently with a hot air gun then rub in a conditioner like AutoGlym Leather Cream, or the Gliptone conditioner mentioned earlier in the thread.

Heating the leather open's the pour's apparently allowing it to asorb the conditioners better. Mixture of the two should soften them up a fair bit :rolleyes:

Daviewonder
Daviewonder - Clean the leather, heat the seats gently with a hot air gun then rub in a conditioner like AutoGlym Leather Cream, or the Gliptone conditioner mentioned earlier in the thread.

Heating the leather open's the pour's apparently allowing it to asorb the conditioners better. Mixture of the two should soften them up a fair bit :(

Hi MerlinGTI

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go. Do you know if a hairdryer would work instead of a hot air gun? Have you had any experence using saddle soap to soften leather as I can get some quite easily :ph34r:

Dave.

MerlinGTI

Hair dryer will work id expect :(

Ive never tried saddle soap dude so cant comment .

Daviewonder

Ok mate, I'll give it a go, thanks for your advice :(

quagmire

I have a black leather interior which has faded quite a bit and looks like its never been cleaned. So there was a bit of confusion over the colour of the seats when I rang to order the scuffmaster kit, because they are rather faded the guy seemed to think they are charcole grey.

I ordered the plain black kit I hope its right.

Pugleyrich

charcole grey is the colour of the ph1 half leathers, so woudnt have been right for you. post up some before and after pics when you have done them. i ordered a kit last week and will be doing mine soon

Will Eastman

Hey im looking to get some of this for my goodwood full leather that iv got. Any ideas what colour i need? Here is the list of peugeot colours...

PEUGEOT

504 60’s tan

504 conv’ ’72 l/tan

205GTI 80’s 90’s "Charcoal"

206 R/Garros ’99 beige

205 R/Garros 1990 Ivory

205 R/Garros 80’s l/grey

206 XSI 2002 black

206 Cabrio ’03 "Luna grey"

? 2002 red with black, two tone

306 Cabrio 90’s tan

306 Cabrio 90’s black

306 Cabrio 2000 d/red

307 2004 l/grey

406 90’s d/red

406 Coupe ’97 & 01 tan

406 90’s beige

406 90’s black.

406 Coupe 90’s Burgundy

406 2001 Beige

407, 2005, Very Pale Beige

406 1999 Tungsten Grey

406 Coupe 2003 Maroon

I cant see mine there, should i just pic 306 cabrio 90's black for example or just ask them to give me black? thanks

jord294
Hey im looking to get some of this for my goodwood full leather that iv got. Any ideas what colour i need? Here is the list of peugeot colours...

PEUGEOT

504 60’s tan

504 conv’ ’72 l/tan

205GTI 80’s 90’s "Charcoal"

206 R/Garros ’99 beige

205 R/Garros 1990 Ivory

205 R/Garros 80’s l/grey

206 XSI 2002 black

206 Cabrio ’03 "Luna grey"

? 2002 red with black, two tone

306 Cabrio 90’s tan

306 Cabrio 90’s black

306 Cabrio 2000 d/red

307 2004 l/grey

406 90’s d/red

406 Coupe ’97 & 01 tan

406 90’s beige

406 90’s black.

406 Coupe 90’s Burgundy

406 2001 Beige

407, 2005, Very Pale Beige

406 1999 Tungsten Grey

406 Coupe 2003 Maroon

I cant see mine there, should i just pic 306 cabrio 90's black for example or just ask them to give me black? thanks

a very good question that lilwille :ph34r: as i'm in the same predicament as you :unsure:

i'd be tempted with '406 90's black'

Will Eastman

Yeh i might go for that, i think that any black would make them look better than they do.