• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

Are Your Leather Seats Mankey?

MerlinGTI

Just wanted to let everyone know (those that dont already that is!) about the 'Liquid Leather' range of products:

http://www.liquidleather.com/

My drivers Seat before:

cracked.jpg

My drivers seat after (Hadnt used the conditioner yet at this point):

LL.jpg

All for £26 (cleaner, conditioner + dye)

I highly recoommend it :D

Edited by MerlinGTI

SurGie

Cool that is, il have some for when i sell my seats :D

dk73

Looks good pal, but is the paint sealed?, What i mean is it safe to wear a white t-shirt on a summers day driveing?

Rom

Good results.

Been reading up on stuff like this over on DW forums. Some crazy stuff is possible. One guy changed his red seats to cream, or vice versa :D .

Ive recently rebolstered and covered my seats, but ofc, the covers are still 20 yeards old, so would still benefit. here just better than the original ones.

MerlinGTI

Yea its not paint mate its a dye. After 12 hours its completely colour fast. This isnt shoe polish, its a long term fix.

See that yellow seat cover in the background? Its for my drivers seat and Its still yellow :(

The dye only adhears to the cracks/scuffs. When you condition the leather (final step) the dye comess off the non damaged leather. The conditioner also makes it smell like leather again! Permantly.

Lots of instructions and steps, but worth it :D

dk73

Thats a good job you've done there.

I did my driver and passenger seat with some great stuff from the paint doctor.

Have attached some pics of the drivers before and after.....( I did replace the bolsters aswell).

The kit even comes with crack restorer, tints to suit your seat colour, gloss or matt finish and sealer. The results are amazing even if I do say so myself. :D

post-13760-1240340883_thumb.jpg

post-13760-1240340896_thumb.jpg

miamichris

I used the scratch doctor kit as dk73 has above, on my grey leather seats and its done a great job. Only done the rears so far because the fronts need rebolstered but its a good kit :lol:

Dave_McC

Miamichris - which colour / code did you get? I've also got a miami Ltd ed, and my seats could do with a bit of TLC!

Thanks

Dave

Dave_McC

Also, does the dye not also dye the red stitching?

dk73
Also, does the dye not also dye the red stitching?

Hey, has you see ive done this to my front seats, and yes it does dye the red stitching, just be careful and avoid the red stitching. :)

Dave_McC

ok - thanks - thought that might be so!

Richie

Quality, im buying some ! :) Nice one.

The order forms a bit confusing innit. Do i need conditioner gt11 or gt13, what did you put in for the "colour name of leather"?

Edited by Richie

MerlinGTI

You need 1x scuffmaster kit (peugeout 205 GTI charcole - Unless you have black leather, in which case I dunno)

1x GT11 (cleaner)

1x GT12 (conditioner)

= £26 delivered. Phone them up their website is rubbish and confusing.

Richie

Thanks merlin. Im quite excited about applying this product, saved me sourcing better seats. I have the same seats as you.

Gentry_Ba

hi!

very nice results with liquid leather, I'm amazed! :(

when my seats gonna wear, I will try it!

if your seats have only minimal wear, then you can try to bye some horse-stuff. The last years I always used expensive stuff, but nothing worked as good as the horse-stuff! (and this is very cheap!) :angry:

here a few pictures of my 205 gentry leather interieur (after using horse stuff...) - now the car is garaged, it only runs 5 month a year.

25_k640_cimg6564_1.jpg

25_k640_cimg6565_1.jpg

25_k640_cimg6566_1.jpg

25_k640_cimg6569_1.jpg

(...and yes, I know, my steering wheel is on the wrong side... :lol::lol: )

cheers,

matthias

Edited by Gentry_Ba

Richie

Before

5.jpg

After

6.jpg

Top top product. :)

cybernck
(...and yes, I know, my steering wheel is on the wrong side... :):) )

No, it's not! B);)

Wow, this stuff is really good - Richie's pics sum it up!

I'll have to get this for my seats.

d7ve_b

Awesome :)

Is the charcoal half leather colour shown here the same colour as the full grey leather seats from a Ltd Edition Miami?

skeggyrik
(...and yes, I know, my steering wheel is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong :ph34r: )

Thought i'd correct that for you. Nice seats mind you. :P

Edited by skeggyrik

Gentry_Ba

@cybernck: I'm not alone? VERY NICE! B)

@skeggyrik: :P there are more cars with the steering wheel on the left side, instead of the right... :):lol:

one day we should build a 205 which has two steering wheels, two speedos, two sets of pedals, etc... :rolleyes::lol:

would be funny- and comfortably usable on both type of roads... (europe grows together, why not the cars, too?)

cheers,

matthias

Edited by Gentry_Ba

skeggyrik
@skeggyrik: :lol: there are more cars with the steering wheel on the left side, instead of the right... :rolleyes::)

What side of the car it is on is of no concern to me.

The fact it looks like it's been taken out of a 50's Grand prix car was my concern B)

Galifrey

I hate all you gits with lovely p1/1.5 half leathers... It seems impossible to find decent ones at the moment.

;)

dale205mills
I hate all you gits with lovely p1/1.5 half leathers... It seems impossible to find decent ones at the moment.

:(

Gone things come to those ho wait :rolleyes: , it took me a year to find another good set of front phase 1/ 1.5 t to build a mint set, then I came across a few more, which are in my loft.

Few pics, I have gave them a good wet vacs after these photo's where taking to get rid of the little stains.

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

Nick_205GTI

:(

I wont mention the as new Ph1.5 interior I have in the garage then....ooooppp I just did!! :rolleyes:

Jokes aside...this company produces soe great kit, I have used it on a BMW that I was detailing for a customer....http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Colourant_Kit.htm

Edited by nick_mcuk