• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
edbar

Twin Carb Conversion Alternator Bracket.

edbar

Are PAS and non PAS alternator brackets the same? Im converting my 309 to carbs and ditching the PAS at the same time, have a non PAS belt but just wondered if my bracket will still be useable? Thanks, Edd.

Tom Fenton

I think they are different, the PAS bracket sits the alternator higher up I believe.

MrG

when I fitted carbs to my phase 1 205 I had to grind away some of the alternator bracket to get clearance and did many dry runs fitting it before we had a good seal. Just my 10p worth.

mattbenselin

First pic shows alternator bracket with PAS, PAS pump still attached

Photo-0216.jpg

Second pic shows non-PAS alternator bracket

P060409_180202.jpg

Third pic shows a DCOE manifold mounted to the head, note how much of the bracket had to be cut away to allow it fit flat. Not hard but worth noting needs to be done. You will need to use this alternator bracket if you want to fit carbs/bodies.

P080409_150601.jpg

edbar

Thanks for the info guys, guess i need to find a non pas bracket now! :lol:

mattbenselin

You could cut the larger PAS bracket in half leaving the top allen bolt, right hand upper bolt and higher left bolt as in pic 2? I was going to do this but I found a bracket in a junk yard for free. Either way you will also need the the appropriate alternator tensioner arm which is different to the one used with the PAS pump.

Sign in to follow this