• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lan

205 Xs Gear Linkage

Lan

is it the same type as the be boxes or am i looking for something completly different??

calvinhorse

alot different, try searching base model conversion to gti spec threads

Lan

does anyone know where to get a quick linkage kit for my xs?

burr_2000

www.griffiths-engineering.co.uk

Easy to fit and makes such a big difference

Miles

A load of rubbish and they can;t even be borthered to talk to you on the phone, A good condition std set up works fine I find and I have even removed Q/S from car's as they make the change horrid and the GE one's can also slip as they just clamp over the quadrant with some very tiny bolts

burr_2000

thats your opinion and your entitled to it. It has worked perfect on the sprints and hill climbs i entered last year picked up time as well from fitting one. I find the XS box i used as standard was a bit to long during gear changes but if miles does not recommend the one i use theres plenty other alternatives but they dont cost a fortune so try one and if you personally dont like it you can always sell it on again.

welshpug

You can make a quickshift in the same way as you can for the BE boxes, move one of the balls on the quadrant closer to the pivot by cutting off the old one and drilling a new hole.

I believe Miles can send you a bolt on ball for this purpose if he has stock of them.

AdamP

We bought a constella short throw stick and rose jointed linkage and it's a beautifully precise shift now. Before quickening the shift though make sure the bushes in the quadrant are new and the ball on the subframe is tight, or you'll really struggle to find gears!

Lan

would you be able to tell me where you got that kit from and the bushes?

AdamP
would you be able to tell me where you got that kit from and the bushes?

Got everything from Constella motorsport. :)