• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
duke 2

Knocking Subframe

duke 2

Hi everyone

About a month ago now my 205 started to make quite a gastly clunk from the front left. Me being the naive tit that i am took it to a local garage who charged me £30 for the privelidge of tightening the subframe bolts which im told had come loose creating a nasty clunk.

This fixed the noise...until now when exactly the same clunk is returning <_<

My question is...why is this happening basically and is it a common problem, is there a definitive fix, yada yada....

Thanks people :blink:

welshpug

without knowing what's causing the clunk this time its impossible to say!

swordfish210

I cant say i've ever has the subframe come loose on me before. You could renew the locknuts on the front mounts.

duke 2
without knowing what's causing the clunk this time its impossible to say!

I would put rather a considerable amount of money on it being the exact same problem as the first time - a loose subframe

Anthony

A bit of threadlock works wonders...

oli-pug

Use a bit of threadlock on the bolts and check the condition of the arb droplinks too.

duke 2

Brilliant, I was wondering if it was worn mating components but it looks as though your right and the bolts are just working loose in which case threadlock shall indeed do the trick. Thanks again

philfingers

the rear ones go into a kind of captive nut which is inside the footwell. They do wear, especially if the car has been used with them loose for a while. You can buy new ones if it's an issue with them coming loose. Threadlock or lockwiring the bolts in can help.