• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

What Cars Use 12mm 1.25 Thread Wheel Nuts ?

Rom

Im going to swap to studs, as im fed up in general, plus dotn want to damage my new wheels fumbling around with bolts :)

However, after my housemate got his lowly 306 alloys (harriers i think?) stolen, im not even considering running without lockers.

So im wondering what brands use the same thread, 12mm, 1.25 nuts for the wheels. They also need to be 60 degree taper seats too.

Id like to get a decent set, like Mc Guards or similar, so would be easier to know what car i can buy them for.

Tom Fenton

I've a feeling Fords use the thread you describe with 60 deg taper, however the easiest thing would be to visit your local friendly accessory shop and have a root through their sets of lockers to see which do the job.

welshpug

ford use 12x 1.5 thread IIRC, Subaru use M12x1.25 but unsure of the taper.

all you need to do is pop into a motorfactor and have a browse through the applications catalogue, they list all the sizes and dimensions in there :)

ablister

also nissan use 12x1.25.

Get some nice light ones from usa as they are cheap and have better choice. Search on ebay.com for them

Rom

I ordered a set of Mc Guard 24152 SL today. There M12 1.25 60 degree taper. Listed for Nissans, Subarus etc as said :D

The SL are higher security, with the spinning outer casing. Makes them harder to remove. Ive had to do them at work, similar design at least.

Alastairh

If you have problems mate, i have a set from my old Almera GTI :D

Al