• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Copper Brake Lines To M/c

djinuk

ok, i removed all my copper brake lines from my car to renew them. stupidly i didnt look where abouts they went into the master cylinder. Am i ok to say they corospond to the positions of of where they screw into the master cylinder, i.e front right = front right brake and so on.

daveyboyblack

If it's a standard car then it should be split into diagonals... e.g. The Front right and rear left calipers are plumbed into the pair of ports fed from the front chamber. The front left and rear right calipers are then fed from the other "pair" of ports (e.g. the pair that are closest to the servo).

The idea behind the above is so that if one line fails you still have some front and rear braking in which to slow the car down. There are plenty of people who have swapped this arrangement around to other configurations but unless it's a trackday/race car etc then i'd stick with the standard setup.

Rom

My cars at work, so im only going of pics i have...

But when i changed my MC recently, looking at the pics, the port towards the front bumper on the passneger side is NSR, port at back on passenger side is NSF.

Cant work out the OS from the pics. But if they are diagonally split, then would be front port on drivers side is OSR, and rear port is OSF.

I had to check with the old pipes, how they sat, to confirm, as i forgot too :)

Edit : Which tallies up with what daveyboy said :) Was a 1.9 MC btw. Swapped to a 406.

Edited by Rom

djinuk

awesome stuff, yea that makes sence then :) thanks for the help guys.