• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

Dash Lights

wildejon

I am replacing a indicator bulb on my 205 (that one is easy to find) and I wanted to see if I could find out which bulb is causing the dash to look dim too. It seems to be to the right of the speedo that it is not lit up properly, anyone have any idea which bulb I might need to replace?

I am not sure which bulb does what, is there a pic somewhere and are all the bulbs the same?

Tom Fenton

If you take the clocks off and trace your way through the printed circuit you can figure out which ones are all linked together commonly, these are the illumination bulbs, however an easier method is to have them plugged in with the lights on and take an educated guess and swap bulbs with known good ones till it is sorted!

wildejon
If you take the clocks off and trace your way through the printed circuit you can figure out which ones are all linked together commonly, these are the illumination bulbs, however an easier method is to have them plugged in with the lights on and take an educated guess and swap bulbs with known good ones till it is sorted!

OK, makes sense. I do have a spare unit I've been looking at, I jsut couldn't figure out where the backlight was coming from, it was like magic or something. I'll give that a go, thanks!

Phil H

I would replace all the bulbs, as sure as anything all will be pretty black. You can see which ones do the warning lights by removing a bulb and looking through the hole or holding it up to the light !

MerlinGTI

Just a suggestion, You probably already know, but I better mention it as some people dont know its there (unlikely in your case as you obviously have the dash apart)

But theres a 'dimmer' switch for the dash lights hidden away where your right knee sits when sitting in the drivers side seat.

wildejon

All done, new bulbs in where they needed it. Had an old unit to compare against too which was really helpful, thanks all!

Yeah, I know about the dummer switch, lol :unsure: