• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dansalegend

Help With Loom On Mi16 Conversion

dansalegend

Hi im doing my first mi conversion and i brought the engine with loom off ebay was told it was removed from 205 (which was written off) it was installed by ECOSSE so im told, now i think there for it should plug straight in as the 2 brown plugs on the mi loom that came with engine seem identical to the 2 brown plugs i've just removed from my 205 loom(what a pain that was) can some one please hopefully tell me im right.please have a look at my pics off the plugs

PICS!!!!

welshpug

those are the plugs involved, what you need to do before plugging it in is compare the car loom with the new engine loom (or the old loom you've removed) and make sure each wire matches up, many wires across the years were placed in different slots or even the other plug.

easy enough to move them if they don't correspond 100% as the side of the plug can be opened and the terminal pulled out.

j_turnell

Think the common swap between years was the coil, red wire and starter, blue wire.

dansalegend

Thanks for the help i'll shall double check all the wire be for i fit it :rolleyes: