• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Chuckyd

Changing Driver Side Front Wheel Bearing

Chuckyd

hey ive got a 205 1.8 td a couple days ago i started to hear a wobbling noise coming from the fds whelel took wheel off and all is tight bar the brake disc/hub that has play init do u think i would be the bearing and whats the best way to replase it?

many thanks

chucky

M@tt

sounds like the bearing

Get a new bearing from GSF and then it's a case or ringing round/calling into a few garages to find one that will press the old one out and put the new one in. Expect to pay anywhere between a few beer tokens to £20 to have it done though. It can take longer than planned if the circlip and or the bearing is rusted solid! i've once had to scrap a hub as the circlip had just fused itself to the hub

Tom Fenton

As Matt says. The circlips can be a right pain to get out sometimes. I haven't failed yet though, although on one I did I had to resort to grinding a hole in behind the circlip to lever it out.

Chuckyd

thanks guys i will look at getting it done over the weekend and let u no how it goes