• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longfield

Competition Wheel Studs...

Longfield

Hi all,

I've got myself confused and so need a little guidance please. After faffing about in the pits trying to put a wheel on it became very obvious that it's better to have seperate studs and nuts on a competiton car.

So i've taken one of my existing wheel bolts out and discovered the following:

M12 x 1.25

70mm total wheel stud and nut length [it's an all in one stud nut that i've got currently].

43mm thread length on its own

My questions are thus:

1. when getting a seperate studs do I buy 'replacement wheel studs' or the 'conversion studs' as shown on the demon tweeks page http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/Pro...amp;tlgrp=MS002

2. when looking at the 'conversion studs' page it gives me two lengths, 68mm and 82mm - which length should I go for?

3. the studs I think I need state a designation of 12x1.25 - 12x1.25.... so what's it actually converting?

Thanks all!

Longfield

EdCherry

For my 1600 I went 80mm long studs and flat seat nuts with washers. I went for longer as id rather have excess thread than too little!

Miles supplied my set, and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than anywhere ive found online, £2.39 a stud from DT! what a rip.

large

As Ed said. Go for a longer thread, and get them from Miles.

I got a set from D.T. a couple of years ago all now have a little surface corosion (still work) and one of them came with a badly cut thread.

Dont get me wrong they work but not quite what you expect for the money.