• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Cordless Impact Drivers

M@tt

yep thats where i got mine from and for that price iirc

I did a thread on it a while back and it's a decent bit of kit, looks pretty similar to the draper one.

HTH

EdCherry
Its been a couple of years since i last used a snap on gun, and there are a few ins and outs on there warranty, but its deffinatly not as good as you'd think. So look it up deffinatly.

I have a Draper 18v. Cost £150 when on sale, i've owned it for 2.5 years and still plows on removing nuts and bolts. Just a shame some of these units are quite noisy, bit enoying when using mine in my quiet neighbour hood! :mellow:

Al

Also going to echo this, overheard some of the guarntee talk between kev and the snap on bloke today when he was getting his torch replaced and there are a few flaws and such. Snap on do not give a lifetime guarntee EVERY product they sell.

Super Josh
Is that about the right price? Did you get yours from there?

I ask as I don't want to google "King d*ck" on my work pc...

I bought a generic 24V twin battery one from Ebay a few weeks ago. Looked exactly the same as that, obviously made in China.

Was around 65 quid delivered and wizzed my hub nuts off last weekend with no bother. :mellow:

Josh

Mikey S

snap on only warranty there air and battery tools for 12 months. i bought a second hand 12v 3/8 impact wrench from my dealer at 6 months old, and it packed up 2 times when it was still within the warranty period, needless to say, i dont have it anymore.

oz.

always check the lifetime warranty on snap-on if thats the push to get one.

rachets do have a lifetime

chisels dont

screwdrivers do, so use them instead of a chisel where poss to save your chisels

sockets do

spanners do

bar/lever thing unsure

as for power tools/air tools i dont know

BackStreetRacecars

iirc the Bars and levers are covered but not for the plastic handle........

Rippthrough
screwdrivers do, so use them instead of a chisel where poss to save your chisels

Oz you pikey! :lol:

welshpug

Pikey but true :lol::lol:

was advised that by a snapon dealer! :o

oli-pug

Ordered myself a Sealey one today Clicky

Looks like bloody good value!

marksorrento205

I have got a clarke one and I dont rate it. Ok for wheel bolts but not much else. And then I crack them first and always get a bit more on them when I torque them up. Maybe mine was made on a friday???

omega
I have got a clarke one and I dont rate it. Ok for wheel bolts but not much else. And then I crack them first and always get a bit more on them when I torque them up. Maybe mine was made on a friday???

ive got a clarke 24v makes lots of noise but not very good doesnt always undo wheel bolts only naff peice of kit ive bought from clarke

Rich_p

Is there much difference between 18 and 24v guns?

(I'm looking at the cheaper end of the scale)

welshpug

typically just more power I believe, most 18v ones are sufficient though.

1 FAT PUG

i bought my mates clarke one off him and he used it every day, 2 batterys with it aswell, he bought a snap on one in the end but he said that the clarke was sufficient but the batterys dies out a but quicker

PaulJLLD

Iv had my snap-on 1/2 one for about 3 years now used everyday and not gone wrong once.

All Praise The GTI

ive used snap on ones and they are great for hub nuts etc.

just got myself a 3/8 bluepoint one. all the guys at work use them and they are very powerful for 14.4v lith ion. think it was 175 inc vat on offer. only used it a few times but i love it :) more usefull for everyday use for stripping stuff down etc when a 1/2 is overkill

205*31*

I spoke to a decent mechanic at work about these cordless impact drivers he said they are s*it. I am gonna be having a crack at doing driveshaft and have been thinking about getting hub nut of as I know they are torqued to like 400nm but my mate says they are crap won't shift it says I want a big breaker bar to swing on :lol:

He tells me has mate was into banger racing and bought one of these cordless impact drivers a Bosch one cost like £400 and he had trouble removing wheel nuts he tells me! ;)

not sure what to do now.

Tom Fenton

Your mate is talking s*ite. My dewalt one will remove hub nuts without trouble.

welshpug

the only time I have had any issues were when the batteries were low, and it was bloody freezing in the workshop, have used them on a 7.5 ton truck wheelnuts !! :lol:

Rippthrough

Even my cheapo £70 Clarke Special'll crack hub nuts off.

Cameron
He tells me has mate was into banger racing..

..Your mate is talking s*ite.

There you go. :lol:

205*31*

ok cheers guys i'll get looking for one then, so should I go for the 18v ones? don't want to pay mega money for one just something that'll do job :lol:

cheers.

Rupertfinch

I know the thread is about cordless, but if you're working somewhere with power then you could do a lot worse than the corded electric Clarke model that the likes of machine mart offer. Something in the region of 400lb/ft of torque, but it's a fair size of a beast to get into the more awkward nooks and crannie that cordless models can.