• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cloverleaf

Braided Brake Hose Diameter?

Cloverleaf

I'm tying to order a load of Euroquip brake pipe bits from rally design to make my own braided hoses but I don't know whether I need 3/8 or 7/16 hose! All the fittings I have ordered are M10x1.0 (the other option seems to be 3/8). This leads me to think that I need 7/16 hose but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know for definate so I can order this tonight?!

jplautomotive
I'm tying to order a load of Euroquip brake pipe bits from rally design to make my own braided hoses but I don't know whether I need 3/8 or 7/16 hose! All the fittings I have ordered are M10x1.0 (the other option seems to be 3/8). This leads me to think that I need 7/16 hose but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know for definate so I can order this tonight?!

braided brake hose is a -3 (dash 3) didnt think it was measusred in inches

Cloverleaf

well there is dash 3 and dash 4 like you say. But it says dash 3 is for 3/8 fittings and dash 4 is for 7/16 fittings.

but apparently the drop lines for their master cylinder reservoirs are dash 4 so that's confusing. unless the're bigger?

Ryan

The choice between M10 and 3/8 is the thread size on the fittings.

There's a typo on the rally design site. The hose sizes are really 3/16 and 7/16. It's 3/16 you want.

Cloverleaf

Thanks for your replies. I ordered the #3 in the end (or 3/16). :)

Tom Fenton
There's a typo on the rally design site. The hose sizes are really 3/16 and 7/16. It's 3/16 you want.

-3 JIC fittings use a 3/8UNF thread, -4 JIC use 7/16UNF thread. Hoses sizes are something else entirely, you buy the hose to suit the fitting size.

-3 is used for brakes, apart from the master cylinder feed pipes, which are -4 as the unions on the master cylinders (race type, remote reservoir) are also -4.