• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Scooby Max

1.6 Gti Full Bottom End Engine Re-build..

Scooby Max

What sort of cost for a standard engine re-build..?

Also, who would you recommend..?

Cheers

Max

j_turnell

Depends what it needs really, obv pistons and liners would add a lot but generally around £350 covers most of it.

Mark205

I was quoted £300 of a bloke where i'm from.

Got his email but no number, i'll pm you it if you want.

dcc

If your looking at a crank regrind, new main and big end, liners, rods, pistons ring - your looking at £500 easily, if not a lot more.

grandos

Sorry to hijack your thread but if a big end bearing has spun how much would it cost to rebuild from that?

(Engine already has new liners and pistons)

richsmells
Sorry to hijack your thread but if a big end bearing has spun how much would it cost to rebuild from that?

(Engine already has new liners and pistons)

I had a crank checked and reground for £100 locally. Mine hadn't spun a bearing though, I just had it cleaned up. If the machinist deems it salvageable, you'll also need the correct oversize bearings depending on how much has been taken off.

Edited by richsmells

boombang

Liners are £150 on their own and it's very rare to strip and find a re-useable set.

For £300 I'd have thought you'd get a look over, set of mains and big ends, crank grind if required and maybe a new oil pump. In my eyes that'd be suitable for a known good bottom end that was being refreshed a few years after rebuild, or mid-season on a rallycar.

A full bottom end build can cost as much as you want to spend depending how far you take it.

Miles

As said it can cost as little or as much as you want to spend, I'd bank on a min of £500.00 as the crank Grind/Polish and bearings is close to £200.00, balancing ontop which isn;t really needed but good practice, Cleaning Block, Checking Rods for roundness, Checking Oil pump, Facing off the flywheel all adds up

Cameron

Sure does, the parts for my rebuild last year came in just shy of £900. But that was a full top & bottom build and new clutch.

Scooby Max

I'll have that number please Mark - Cheers.

Thankyou all.. for the advice. :mellow:

Sign in to follow this