• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

Removing Uprated Rear Beam Mounts...

Rom

Right, at work , tripping few bitsa i need of my old beam. Got to the mounts, round ones towards front of car.

Ive got the Baker ones in there, 2 piece, white plastic.

Didnt think they would be that hard to get out.. Anyone managed to get a set out without ruining them ? Was planning to reuse them.

Any tips much appreciated

yorkshirekowboy
Right, at work , tripping few bitsa i need of my old beam. Got to the mounts, round ones towards front of car.

Ive got the Baker ones in there, 2 piece, white plastic.

Didnt think they would be that hard to get out.. Anyone managed to get a set out without ruining them ? Was planning to reuse them.

Any tips much appreciated

i cant think of a way to get the old ones out with out damaging them. Maybe a press or some sort? Maybe somebody on here might have a method but im stuck on this one.

James_R

I can only see you being able to to get one of the two out undamaged, as there's no way to drift out the mount without using too smaller surface (i/e screwdriver end vs nylon = bad, where as a rod on the end of one would be ok. can you just have the beam tube rebuilt with new bearings?

jackherer

If you ask Stew at BBM I'm sure he will sell you new ones by themselves.

Rom

I gave up on removing them. For some reason, i thought being 2 part, they would come out. But when i actually tried, it was clear straight away i couldnt without damaging them.

Ive had a 309 beam powder coated, and ive rebuilt it, shafts etc. The mounts are on my current 205 beam which i built 2-3 years ago i think. They can just stay on it now when sold :)

I spoke with Stew this morning, and hopefully, ill have a new set arriving tommorrow.

Work are chuffed, my cars on a ramp still. Great in a Toyota dealership :)